Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a problem I have been working on for a few weeks and cant see to fix it. The car is a 95 supra swapped 2jzgte vvti stock ecu running 61mm turbo safc on stock 440cc 2jzgte vvti maf sensor. Under wot I am seeing 10-11.5 but idle I am in the 17's. I am not adding or subtracting any fuel on lo setting only adding 5-8% up top on my hi settings. Things I have tried and still no fix.

1.Disconnect safc fully and run on stock ecu still lean at idle. Drives the same
2.tried new o2 sensor-makes no difference.
3.I repin the maf plug to work on mk4 tt maf-idle and runs just like the VVTI one. No change just wanted to try to see if the maf was bad.
4.Check boost/vac leaks-None
I have no cel and the car drives and feels good I just don't like that lean of and idle. The only thing that scares me is if I slowly come into boost around 1-3psi I am in the 14.7 range then I going into the 10'son the AFR gauge by redline.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I have a problem I have been working on for a few weeks and cant see to fix it. The car is a 95 supra swapped 2jzgte vvti stock ecu running 61mm turbo safc on stock 440cc 2jzgte vvti maf sensor. Under wot I am seeing 10-11.5 but idle I am in the 17's. I am not adding or subtracting any fuel on lo setting only adding 5-8% up top on my hi settings. Things I have tried and still no fix.

1.Disconnect safc fully and run on stock ecu still lean at idle. Drives the same
2.tried new o2 sensor-makes no difference.
3.I repin the maf plug to work on mk4 tt maf-idle and runs just like the VVTI one. No change just wanted to try to see if the maf was bad.
4.Check boost/vac leaks-None
I have no cel and the car drives and feels good I just don't like that lean of and idle. The only thing that scares me is if I slowly come into boost around 1-3psi I am in the 14.7 range then I going into the 10'son the AFR gauge by redline.

Hey dude! Did you happen to ever figure out this issue!? I’m having the same exact problem!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, if before the o2 sensor.

Al
That would make sense. While I’m cruising or in boost, AFR’s are perfect (positive exhaust pressure) while at idle, there’s not enough positive pressure so it’d obviously be sucking in air from the leak right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts