Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Air to Fuel Mixture gauge today as well as new 3330's and a AFC. The gague is constantly showing my car is running rich. Why is that??? Is it the plugs?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I think that problem has went away. Now the car has a miss... is this a common thing for the 3330's? it isn't killing the car or anything. I have let it sit and idle for 10min to see if it went away and it never did. The car is running rich enough that you can smell raw gas at half throttle. I am very confused........:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Well, my car started to do the exact same thing when I installed the ngk 3330 plugs. Every few seconds you get a bump/miss when the car is idling.

I was running a platinum core v-groove NGK that idled much better. The 3330s are gapped to .031 and the others .035 -- maybe this has a little to do with it.

Most BPU cars run rich. Since you have an AFC get on the dyno and tune it up! You really need to get it tuned!

The readings on the AFC are not very accurate...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have the 3330's gapped at .34 so I guess the miss in the idle is common then. I was wondering also if someone could explain the Low Throttle and High Throttle settings on the AFC and how to kinda tune it without a dyno.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
NGK 6097s will fix the missing at idle.

DON'T tune the AFC without a wideband oxygen sensor! (Many dynos have these). The stock O2 sensors are not accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts