Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Supra with a T78, feul system, etc. The smell of fumes is excessive. If your in traffic you will damn near choke. This is my first Supra with a single and all of the goodies, and the fumes are way stronger than my bpu Supra was. Is this normal for the singles because of the amount that the large injectors are flowing, or do I need tuning. Thanks

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
I would go to a dyno with a wideband O2 and get them to do a good job of tuning. You might also want to check for leaks around the injector O-rings.

Bob

·
Registered
95 Posts
Didn't you create the viper blue supra that was up a cecil last year. I see your going for power not looks this time good luck with this one. Hopefully you won't get bored with power. Your best bet would be to take it, and dyno it. There is Altered and I think Paul from Bullish racing which just opened up shop in Maryland. Don't know the number for Paul's shop, but Altered is 310.519.9669. Darn I'll add you to the list of numerous T78 owners in Maryland.

94TT BPU+
11.62 @ 121.11
No NOS or VPC

In my garage fitting T78 and fuel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that was me with the Viper Blue Supra last year at Cecil. I hind site I should have kept it. Two BMW's later Im back with another Supra, and yes this one would have spanked the shit out of the old one, although the old one also has the T78 on it now, also in MD. I bought this one freshly done, but I think I need to change a few things around slightly to have it where I want it. Im hoping this one will be looking as good as the old one by summer, to have the looks to match the power. Thanks for the input. Jeff

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come on now!!! You know its gotta be a six speed or nothing at all, although this clutch is tricky as hell!!

P

·
0 Posts
West, how do those 315s fit? Are you lowered (eg with Eibachs) or on stock springs? I'm thinking about running the same.

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
The Nitto 315's fit just great on the stock rims and they don't rub the inside of the fenders. I used to have BFG 315's on the stock rims and they did not fit as well. The BFG's would bow out over the rims so much they would rub inside the fender wells. The Nitto 315's look really mean on the back and they hook up good too.

Bob

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea the best part of the 6spd is the clutch. The worst is getting a freinds with a different clutch, even though it's a supra, it takes a little getting used to. A few stall outs here and there.

94T78
BPU+ 11.62 @ 121.11
No NOS or VPC

P

·
0 Posts
WEST said:
The Nitto 315's fit just great on the stock rims and they don't rub the inside of the fenders. I used to have BFG 315's on the stock rims and they did not fit as well. The BFG's would bow out over the rims so much they would rub inside the fender wells. The Nitto 315's look really mean on the back and they hook up good too.
Okay West, the Nitto's fit better than the BFGs, but I'm lowered on Eibachs. Are you lowered too ?(didn't see it in your mod list)

Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sup Jeff, this is John, the one with Black Supra/Casper's friend. Can't believe you found another Supra =). Anyways, the T78 shouldn't smell that bad, well than again I don't have the huge injectors in mine. Jasper had his car in the garage for over 5 month, and it's been tuned, and when we try to start it, OMG, the smell is BADDD. But it's because it's just sitting there, but if you get it tuned from Billy, I am sure it will be alot better, can't wait to meet up the three T78s and try it out =). John

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats up Tony and John, Yeah man, I went full circle right back to the Supra( 3 Bimmers later, M3, 330ci, 540I, all nice cars, just not Supras). Tony, whats up bro, pick me out a new color!! You did such a good job last time I'll give you another shot. I should go VIper blue again just to fuck with Jasper, he would love that. I broke out some old pics of my old car, damn it looked good. Oh well, new project time. I need to make my performance changes first. It should just be some small adjustments to what I have going on now. Tony, the car has a T78, ported head, JE pistons, Crower rods, HKS cams, Haltech, front mount, etc., etc.. I think Im going to make some feul system changes though, we'll see.
Hows Pat's supra, hmmm, slow now that I have a single!! He rode in mine the other night and said he was ordering a single asap. Knowing him, its already on its way. The new one has some cosmetic issues Im about to address, I just dont want it in the shop all damn summer. It might have to wait until the fall.

It's good to be back in the Supra loop!! I'll see you guys at the track events Im sure.

J

·
0 Posts
Check to see if your charcoal canister is venting to atmosphere or back into the GReddy intake pipe.

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
just searched and seen you have a supra with a haltech ecu.
wondering if you would have a basic MAP setup for the supra so i can start my one and figure out all the setups.
any help appriciated,
cheers
Danny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts