Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok if my car is running rich how do i fix this problem im wondering ???any ideas????????????????????

·
Registered
256 Posts
i guess a s-afc or some thing else like that should take care of it but i'm guessing u already know that. I dont no how else u could fix it but i'm sure someone will post and be more than happy to tell u how.:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ranger i brought that up on the NE MKIV club website. Basically Roger Marquez over there was saying that a VPC can help the richness at idle and that due to the Supras ECU programming AFC's will only let you adjust the air/fuel ratio at 80% and above throttle. So, in other words, in the driving most of us do every day there is no real way to deal with the richness of a BPU Supra. Maybe throw a high flow cat on it, but that will eventually be destroyed by the excess richness if you turn up the boost.

Also, like mentioned before if you feel you are TOO rich then it may also be a boost leak (i.e. loose vacuum hose or loose intercooler hose)

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ill check my hoses also im running her strit no caty so basicly your saying a safc wont help me much then what if i retard the timing???think that will help!
mervinnn said:
Ranger i brought that up on the NE MKIV club website. Basically Roger Marquez over there was saying that a VPC can help the richness at idle and that due to the Supras ECU programming AFC's will only let you adjust the air/fuel ratio at 80% and above throttle. So, in other words, in the driving most of us do every day there is no real way to deal with the richness of a BPU Supra. Maybe throw a high flow cat on it, but that will eventually be destroyed by the excess richness if you turn up the boost.

Also, like mentioned before if you feel you are TOO rich then it may also be a boost leak (i.e. loose vacuum hose or loose intercooler hose)

M

·
0 Posts
It might be because of the BOV you're using (exhausting to atmosphere), a VPC would take car of it I'm sure, or you can sell the BOV back to me :).

Melvin

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, and ranger even made a post before getting his BOV asking if it was a good idea to use it without having the proper electronics in place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????

People (including myself) responded that he would run rich if he installed a BOV that vented to atmosphere without a VPC or HKS AFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

In this case!!!!!!!!?????????? You should have been able to answer your own question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

????????!!!!!!!??!?!?!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

mello2 said:
It might be because of the BOV you're using (exhausting to atmosphere), a VPC would take car of it I'm sure, or you can sell the BOV back to me :).

Melvin

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i never asked anything about proper electronic and the bov???? i asked a while back what was the best bov and what was the bst boost contorler !!!!! and stoker6 why not keep your remarks to yourself !myself and others here are getting rather sick of see people reply with stuid attitudes where here for help not stupid remarks :(
stoker6 said:
Yes, and ranger even made a post before getting his BOV asking if it was a good idea to use it without having the proper electronics in place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????

People (including myself) responded that he would run rich if he installed a BOV that vented to atmosphere without a VPC or HKS AFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

In this case!!!!!!!!?????????? You should have been able to answer your own question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

????????!!!!!!!??!?!?!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????IM HAVING A SEIZURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?! sorry, couldnt resist... that was SLIGHTLY excessive use of repeating characters... looked like something a 13 year old girl would type on AOL... :D

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol i knew i had seen that some place
pooshda said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????IM HAVING A SEIZURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?! sorry, couldnt resist... that was SLIGHTLY excessive use of repeating characters... looked like something a 13 year old girl would type on AOL... :D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
If you don't have any leaks your O2 sensor may need raplacing. The O2 should be treated as a maintenance item and replaced periodically. Just like your plugs. How often? Everyone will have a different number but I stick to about every 60K. The trick is to always keep up on all maintenace so when you have a problem you can rule out the common stuff. Like plugs, vacuum leaks, O2, etc. It is true, if you go messing with the fuel at other than wide open throttle higher in the rpm range it's not good. Based mainly on the O2 sensor, the ecu should be getting things close to right. It's the open loop fuel maps that need tweaking. The computer upgrades focus on that but are $$$. If you go the fuel controller route leave it alone down low and at less than full throttle. Timing doesn't have anything to do with the amount of fuel. Just when the fuel is combusted.

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so true i totaly forgot about the o2 sensor many thanks ill try that first ;)

S

·
0 Posts
The thread is not in the archives, but your thread stated:

"What is the difference between venting a BOV to atmosphere vs. into the intake?????"

My remark was not stupid at all but has it's basis in FACT. You had enough info to make the correct technical decision but you chose to ignore it. Simply because you wanted a *cool* sound coming from your car :rolleyes:

When people spend the time to respond to your posts maybe you should take their advice every once in a while.

BTW, I'm getting really sick of seeing your redundant posts, trying to decypher your cryptic writing, and seeing 12 year old cartoons plastered all over the screen.

How old are you??????? 13???????

SO FUCK YOU BITCH!!!!!!! ??????? !!!!!!!

RanGer498 said:
i never asked anything about proper electronic and the bov???? i asked a while back what was the best bov and what was the bst boost contorler !!!!! and stoker6 why not keep your remarks to yourself !myself and others here are getting rather sick of see people reply with stuid attitudes where here for help not stupid remarks :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
pooshda said:
You would know about talking to 13 year olds. :wackit:

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow am i late on this !
well first of lamer (stoker6) my problem was not what i thought it was i had a bad fuel injector!
i thought i was running rich as someone told me that what my problem was!
as for what you said about the bov! your rong plain and simple !and as for the remark about having info to make the correct technical decision you as stupid as you must look first off i didnt get the bov due to the sound i dont care so much about how something sounds if i did i would have gotten a loudest bov i went with the hks as what was said about it and the quality and because i have one in my stealth r/t turbo also !
funny thing is bullish racing and prostore think i made a wise choice with the hks bov then again you know more than them :rolleyes: so next time do me and yourself a favor dont reply to my post as you know only how to talk out of you azz oh and
decypher this

stoker6 said:
The thread is not in the archives, but your thread stated:

"stoker6 is a fool ?????"

My remark was not stupid at all but has it's basis in FACT that im stupid. You had enough info to make the correct technical decision but you chose to ignore it knowing im stupid. Simply because you wanted a *cool* sound coming from your car

When people spend the time to respond to your posts maybe you should take their advice every once in a while but what ever you do dont dont do what i say as im a moron.

BTW, I'm getting really horney every time i see your 12 year old cartoons plastered all over the screen.

How old are you??????? as i would love to take you out im horney and 13???????

SO FUCK MY BITCH!!!!!!! ??????? !!!!!!!

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
mervinnn said:

I am not sure what exactly the problem is with the richness but the AFC does not only have to be adjusted at 80% and above throttle position...that setting can be changed to anything you want...also there is a high throttle, which is what I use because I only want the AFC to be operational only when racing, and there is also a low throttle setting which can also be adjusted at any percentage you want to adjust it to.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I should add that below 80% throttle the car's ecu will revert the settings back to stock (I believe it is known as closed loop mode) . That is what I have read, but maybe I am remembering incorrectly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts