Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 14PSI. Im still running almost maxed rich at like 10.6 on my wideband gauge. All I have is Lexus AFM, 560cc injectors, Full 3 inch exhaust. Air filter. The only upgraded part of my fuel system is the injectors. Even when I bump it up to like 18 Im still like 11 something on the wideband. Am I losing that much PSI through my intercooler, etc.
I have the boost solenoid about 4 ft away with that much vacum line, Could that be giving me false boost readings?

All info is in my sig.
Any help would be awesome. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah its a stock ct. Everything I have read about tuning and tuning devices with my setup I really dont need an safc or anything right now. Plus why would I when obviously I dont need to. I have a greddy emanage I was going to put on but seems over kill especially since im running so rich right now. Im just wondering how at that much boost im still running that rich. Im not dumb for the smart comments, I know ill eventually need tuning especally if I want the extra power

·
weaksauce, work on it...
659 Posts
For now, try an afrp... take some fuel out so your eyes dont burn every time you see some boost. should be about $200- $350 depending on the quality of unit you pick... the ebay kit is fine, just get real an lines and fitting, dont use the ones supplied in the kit. just my $.02

I had the same problem with my 50trim ct, mbc, 3in turbo back exhaust.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
67m, thanks for the reply. What would be a good fuel pressure?

My main question I guess I should have reworded or asked it better is. How come people on the forums get so bent out of shape when people say how much boost can I run and they make smart comments about doing 12v mod, walbro pump, etc?

Really no need to get bent out of shape when Obviousy there is no need To do 12v mod walbro pump. etc when Im STILL running rich. BUT anyways thanks, really need to do that, tired of cleaning the back end of my white car. its a PITA.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Look around the FS threads for a Kit, i picked up a 1J AFPR Kit made my driftmotion from a member here for under 200

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look around the FS threads for a Kit, i picked up a 1J AFPR Kit made my driftmotion from a member here for under 200
Okay will do. I just get really wierd buying used stuff because I feel like Ill get a bad part and then I could have just bought a new good one buy the time it was all said and done.
I also have to do some research on the J- Tube thing and how to install the FPR

·
Registered
998 Posts
You have a Lex MAF...that is a BIG fuel mod.

You need a AFPR.

Next plan for some sort of tuning piggy back and Walbro

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You have a Lex MAF...that is a BIG fuel mod.

You need a AFPR.

Next plan for some sort of tuning piggy back and Walbro
Okay. Thanks

·
4,934 Posts
Yeah its a stock ct. Everything I have read about tuning and tuning devices with my setup I really dont need an safc or anything right now. Plus why would I when obviously I dont need to. I have a greddy emanage I was going to put on but seems over kill especially since im running so rich right now. Im just wondering how at that much boost im still running that rich. Im not dumb for the smart comments, I know ill eventually need tuning especally if I want the extra power
Not knocking you, I didn't have anything to tune mine with until recently. For the most part you don't need it, the ECU compensates well enough.

You'll hit fuel cut before you start running lean from not enough fuel, unless you fiddle with something yourself. Its designed that way.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not knocking you, I didn't have anything to tune mine with until recently. For the most part you don't need it, the ECU compensates well enough.You'll hit fuel cut before you start running lean from not enough fuel, unless you fiddle with something yourself. Its designed that way.
Yeah after I did 560cc inj and lexus afm I havent been close to fuel cut. But ive definately been watching my wideband.

Ive just been told before from people on the forum being smart saying " oh I guess I wouldnt do 12v mod pump etc". And all im saying now is why is that kind of stuff happening when clearly not everyone needs that like in my case I need less fuel.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IIRC I seen a afpr setup for sale on here or maybe it was supramania for pretty cheap like 150-200 shipped
I'll look again to see if I can find it
Id pick that up definately. I looked on here. Ill check supramania. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.