Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously, I had a single setup on my car, the feed line was blocked, the turbo blades hit the housing. I got a new feed line, new turbo and installed new stuff, cleaned the intercooler. Before the old turbo blew, the car was running ok, revved up fine, boosted ok for the very short time of its life. Now the car runs like crap. Wont revv past 5500 rpm, misfires extremely bad at anything over low throttle. It has the exact same symptoms w/the map sensor plugged in or not plugged in. I disconnected the safc2, hooked up the pressure signal wires w/the safc2 and still have the same symptoms. The safc2 was reading pressure and voltage for the map sensor. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be???????

Jake

·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the fuel tank did look a little dirty, but like I said I had no problems before the old turbo blew.

·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to clarify things, the car ran perfectly fine with the smokey twins and fine before the old turbo blew. I don't see it as a mechanical problem(compression) because under low rpms it runs ok. It doesn't seem very likely but I know it is possible that just coinsedintaly(spelling?) I have some random electrical problem. Like it said it runs the exact same with or without the MAP plugged in. I really need to drive this car tommorrow and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jake

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
toyotech01 said:
Just to clarify things, the car ran perfectly fine with the smokey twins and fine before the old turbo blew. I don't see it as a mechanical problem(compression) because under low rpms it runs ok. It doesn't seem very likely but I know it is possible that just coinsedintaly(spelling?) I have some random electrical problem. Like it said it runs the exact same with or without the MAP plugged in. I really need to drive this car tommorrow and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jake
check your codes??? change the map sensor... or make sure theres no oil build up in the map sensor hose. make sure all your electronics are working properly. also, make sure there are no holes in the IC piping. I would check the IC stuff, cause a 1j unlike a 7m wont die on you with a huge IC leak (you can drive a 1j with no IC piping, it just wont boost).

·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jewishjalopi said:
check your codes??? change the map sensor... or make sure theres no oil build up in the map sensor hose. make sure all your electronics are working properly. also, make sure there are no holes in the IC piping. I would check the IC stuff, cause a 1j unlike a 7m wont die on you with a huge IC leak (you can drive a 1j with no IC piping, it just wont boost).
No codes. Ill check the map sensor hose, I don't think it would be a boost leak because the turbo boost like .5 bar. I just think its odd it has these symptoms after the old turbo blew. This is exactly what it did when I had the MAP hooked up wrong on the safc2 but the safc2 wouldnt read any type of pressure, now it is reading pressure and voltage w/the same symptoms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts