Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the car apart this weekend to get ready for some body work among other things. The car has been in the northeast its whole life. I know it wasn't driven in the snow before and after I owned the car. However, I know it was never garaged before I owned it. I was pretty surprised to find the rear saftey bar(whats the correct term for it?) rusted when I took the rear bumper off. May be other owners should keep a look out? I know it's not big deal since I'm going to order a brand new one from Curt, but just giving my fellow supra owners a heads up.

Here are some pictures..

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
it's a common issue with theese cars, i've seen that before, you can expect that on most of them if they are from states where it snows

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
exvelocity said:
it's a common issue with theese cars, i've seen that before, you can expect that on most of them if they are from states where it snows
Outside of hatch rust, what are you referring to? All cars are subject to rust- not just Supra MKIVs

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:
Outside of hatch rust, what are you referring to? All cars are subject to rust- not just Supra MKIVs
the rust on rear re-bars :1poke:

for some odd reason alot of dirt gets sucked in them gets some moisture and it's unstoppable,i've seen some that almost fall apart,they were so badly rusted

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I've seen rust on most Supras' rear bumper support. It's no surprise since it's an iron piece. I've rarely (if ever) seen rust on an MKIV body itself, besides occasional rust hatch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts