Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to Grannas for running an impressive time with his 2jz/T56 magnum setup.

7.256 @ 200.92

Huge accomplishment. His IG stated he was using a 88mm turbo when he did the record pass, and now he has on his 98mm turbo馃挭馃挭馃挭
He is using the GR1000F version of the t56.

iSPOOL
Wow! That's damn impressive. Proud of him.

Super Moderator
Update: Just broke his own record,

New record
7.178 @ 205.35

Incredible!!! I'm at a loss for words.

Ken.

...pop the hood!
amazing...

From the land down under
Most people couldnt even change gears that quickly, sitting stationary. To do it while one handedly battling to keep a monster like that in a somewhat straight line deserves kudos.

Administrator
Slipper clutches and faceplated trans have made shifting a new game for manual trans drag racers. Impressive accomplishment by him. Took alot of hard work and alot of money forsure.

Administrator
Can you please explain faceplated trans to me? Its a term Im not familiar with.

Faceplating essentially remove the gear syncros so that you cant miss a gear, its direct engagement. Down side is it's a pain in the dick to street drive. Faceplated trans love high rpms.

Registered
Well done Joel. Curious where you picked up time between those two record runs. First one looks better through the 330, but somewhere around the 660 mark you're really picking up steam. More power dialed in?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I
Well done Joel. Curious where you picked up time between those two record runs. First one looks better through the 330, but somewhere around the 660 mark you're really picking up steam. More power dialed in?
I believe my comment"Huge accomplishment. His IG stated he was using a 88mm turbo when he did the record pass, and now he has on his 98mm turbo " is the reason for this

Registered
Those slipper clutches really are a game changer. Takes so much hassle out of leaving the line and looks like he's got the wheelie issues ironed out too!

Does anyone know if this is comparable to the Brazillian guys that 1320 filmed back in September? RWD stick car went 7:15 there which makes me think it holds the actual record? It did look like a VERY short 1/4 mile though, that's the only thing I can see that questions the legitmacy of the run.

Check out the 16:05 mark.

handy with the steel

Super Moderator
Mr Grannas is making the most convincing argument I've ever seen against the V160. I never thought it'd happen. If someone is serious, deadly serious about going fast with a three-pedal manual - it's obvious that he's somehow found a way to beat the Getrag with his Tremec kits.

My hat's off to the guy - not only can he build a badass car and a good transmission package, but he can fucking DRIVE too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts