Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which injectors are you guys selecting in the AEM, when running 550 rx-7injectors?
What 0hm is it??

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
They will either be ~2 ohm, or ~14 ohm. Check em with a multimeter to be sure. You'll need the resistor box like supra-sol said if they aren't the 14 ohm version.

·
Registered
87 Posts
that is good to know-i am running rx-7 550's with an aem.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
You have to select denso 550cc injectors since denso is the one who makes those injectors. I am also running rx-7 injectors on my car. If you still need the ohm let me know and I can look into my map for you.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You have to select denso 550cc injectors since denso is the one who makes those injectors. I am also running rx-7 injectors on my car. If you still need the ohm let me know and I can look into my map for you.
I looked in the AEM olptions and denso only has the 550 in 2ohm.. From what the other guys said, injectors with less then 10 ohm will need a resistor box. But i hear guys running rx7 550 injectors all the time, with just droppin them in with no resistor needed. Rx7 550 injectors are high impedence. doesn't that mean they dont need resistor box?? There is RC Engineering listed, and they have 550 in 13ohm.....Anybody else with the right answer???

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
There are two kinds of RX-& turbo II injectors out there. Make sure you have the purple top and verify the number number on the purple top. I don't have it but if you search this forum, that information is here. Yes, if the injectors are Hi-Imp, then you don't need a resistor box.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are two kinds of RX-& turbo II injectors out there. Make sure you have the purple top and verify the number number on the purple top. I don't have it but if you search this forum, that information is here. Yes, if the injectors are Hi-Imp, then you don't need a resistor box.
Yes, I have the correct injectors. They ar gettin installed right now along with tt headgasket.. that still doesn't help we with what injectors to select in the aem.. I just need to get it runnin, to make it to tuner.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
if there are no denso 550cc high impedance injectors, just select whatever brand is high impedance 550cc, like the rc engineering ones.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Is there any modification required to fit the rx7 injectors? Does anyone know if the secondary injectors will fit into the supra?
There is a particular model of the RX7 550cc (redish/purplish top) injectors that were made in the late 80's-early 90's and they are high impedance plus they fit the 2jz-ge clips perfectly. However, they are not the best injectors in terms of precision...they still work and I used them with AEM by using the RC Engineering high-impedance 550cc injector wizard.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is a particular model of the RX7 550cc (redish/purplish top) injectors that were made in the late 80's-early 90's and they are high impedance plus they fit the 2jz-ge clips perfectly. However, they are not the best injectors in terms of precision...they still work and I used them with AEM by using the RC Engineering high-impedance 550cc injector wizard.
How much did you get to the wheels with ur setup? Did you have to upgrade your ignition?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts