Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to race an fd last night..... well sort of race. I was turning out onto a main road when a black fd with a large exhaust went by. So I chased after him got next to him at a red light right as it was turning green. So we both took off normally he went out a little bit faster and his buddy was looking out the window ( I'm guessing looking for my front mount ). So we end up slowing down to probably 30 or so and I point forward and nod and he punches it gets the jump because I let him go first. I run out second and we are even go to hit third and miss it. We were coming up on traffic so we both u-turn. This time it's a much slower roll 15-20 and I'm actually in first. I let him go first again. I time it a little better this time so we stay pretty even on this one. I hit second and loose some traction pulling slightly, hit third and he either let off or missed a gear. I was really waiting for third because that's when I would have started walking away. Don't really know what happened I drove off and he has slowed back down to the speed limit. I'm guessing he just wasn't wanting to go 70mph+ because we were in a 45mph even though there weren't any other cars on the road. I'd really like to get in a highway run with a third gen sometime soon. My clutch is slipping pretty bad now. I'm about to upgrade and I've got a t-78 that is supposed to be here on monday. Right now I'm just BPU. Intake, full 3 inch exhaust from the dp, boost controller running 18psi, cam gears, and the front mount. Last time I dyno'd it put down 425rwhp with the clutch slipping up top and me loosing out on some power. I'm guessing the fd was probably just intake and exhaust

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I like to see those FDs go down!

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too it just sucks because he let out before I started to pull. My first and second gear are boring the car isn't all that much fun until you hit third.

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^indeed my FD in 3rd is a rocket but none the less nice kill
A-Spec built with GT35R-T4
527rwhp 564rwtq @ 24psi !

I'm sure that helps too ;) I don't know I just thought it was wierd I've never had anyone let off in a race like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A-Spec built with GT35R-T4
527rwhp 564rwtq @ 24psi !

I'm sure that helps too ;) I don't know I just thought it was wierd I've never had anyone let off in a race like that.
I'm not to sure about those numbers? I've never seen a rotary with more torque than horsepower. Maybe 527hp with 464 torque, sounds a little more realistic.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
You're mean
Haha...this is Supraforums, not RX-7 forums!

I have lots of respect for RX-7s, I like them quite a bit. Therefore, I like more to see them go down to a Supra ;).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts