Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the difference between the FD3S RX7's, like the type s, type R and spirit and all that stuff??

thanx

Corey :)

·
Master Of The Obvious
437 Posts
www.rx7club.com and hit the search button. Lots of info on there about FD's

This a supra forums, and though people know about Rx7's that own them, might want to ask that question at the right forum... good luck

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
The Bathurst R (Or Spirit R) was the most lightest package available, and had the updated 280ps instead of 255ps.

Many things were fixed/revised/changed like the "Rats Nest" turbo hoses under the UIM, simplified into a black box (Less boost leak problems!), factory recaro red (with CF backing) racing seats, grey dash with different "Font" in the numbers, cooler 17" Mazdaspeed rims, yummy....

Do a search before you post and get flamed about it over there hah.

Over here we had a Touring, R1/R2 or Base. Base is as it sounds...basic. Touring had the Bose stereo, sunroof (Sometimes glass), and leather seats. R1/R2 had a special lip, wing, cloth seats, no sunroof (usually?) and dual oil coolers. Generally lighter. Umm, then theres PEP (Popular Equipment Package) and PEG and blah blah...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well here in the states, the car came in 3 trims.

1993 (Base, R1, and the Touring)
1994 (Base, R2, and the Touring/PEP)
1995 (Base, R2, and the Touring/PEP)

RX-7s were only available to the states between the years 1993-1995

The Base model is exactly that. It's the most basic trim selection for the RX-7 FD3S. It is also the lightest weighing in around 2700-2800 lbs. All engine horsepower output remains the same for all models.

The R1/R2 models were considered the track oriented version of the RX-7. They were equipped with dual oil coolers for cooling, a front lip, a rear wing, brake ducts, suede seats and some other minor things. These models do not have a moonroof and the bose acoustic sound system

The Touring or PEP (Popular Equipment Package) has leather seats, a moonroof, a bose acoustic sound system, fog lights and other niceties. This is the heaviest model out of the three.

I am not too sure about the Type R, Type RS, Spirit R, Type RZ models of the RX-7 available outside of the United States..

I do know that the Spirt R model is the last model of the RX-7 produced in the year 2002. The car was rated at 276 hp and was recorded to hold over 1 lateral g on the skidpad

Edit: Hi Phoenix, I see you beat me to the punch...only because I am playing GT4 Brother!

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
Rx7 96+ had several models

Bathurst models were made to commemorate the Rx7s win at the bathurst races in australia.

The Rx7 Spirit R in 2002 was made to commemorate the end of the FD and Rx7. It came with upraded brakes, Recaro Carbon seats, BBS wheels, Bilstein suspension. the Type A was the top of the line track model.

All FDs 1999+ had upgraded turbos that made 280 ps stock and around 380-400ps on upgaded boost + BPU.

www.j-garage.com is a good site with information.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wicked thanx a lot for the info guys, and ill also check out those other websites too, to gather what i can haha. And dont get me mixed up either, im still all pro supra, just curious to know about RX7's as well, *my third fav. import* but again thanx guys.

Corey. :sadance:

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
my third fav. import
What's your second fav?

Mmm. Just talking about those late model Bathurst/Spirit R's makes me all fuzzy inside.

If the Rotary was bulletproof this car would be the end-all of all cars.... :sadance:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
The Bathurst R (Or Spirit R) was the most lightest package available, and had the updated 280ps instead of 255ps.

Many things were fixed/revised/changed like the "Rats Nest" turbo hoses under the UIM, simplified into a black box (Less boost leak problems!), factory recaro red (with CF backing) racing seats, grey dash with different "Font" in the numbers, cooler 17" Mazdaspeed rims, yummy....

Do a search before you post and get flamed about it over there hah.

Over here we had a Touring, R1/R2 or Base. Base is as it sounds...basic. Touring had the Bose stereo, sunroof (Sometimes glass), and leather seats. R1/R2 had a special lip, wing, cloth seats, no sunroof (usually?) and dual oil coolers. Generally lighter. Umm, then theres PEP (Popular Equipment Package) and PEG and blah blah...
What he said!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha

my first fav is the supra ... of course
my second fav is the skyline GTR ... for obvious reasons other than the fact its sexy.
and my third is the RX7 as previously stated :)

fricken love these cars ... one day ill be rich and have them all haha :sadance: :bowdown:

Corey.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
I wonder if people on rx7 forums ask what the differences between different model Supras are.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
OneJoeZee said:
I wonder if people on rx7 forums ask what the differences between different model Supras are.
No, we don't care, we're too busy asking what the difference between a blown motor and a poor idle feels like.... :sadance:

·
Registered
113 Posts
OneJoeZee said:
I wonder why people make comments about people asking questions about a car besides the supra in the "Other Cars" section? :ugh2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts