Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any "gotchas" or special tools required? also, what seals need to be replaced?

if this has been covered, please point me to a link. i searched and didnt come up w/ anything.

thanks
ted

·
Turbo LAX
274 Posts
All the seals should already be in place when you buy the front section, you may need the front outer seal though - I'm sure some of the Toyota spare parts lads that are on this site can verify this.

No special tools are required as such, you will need a tube of FIPG and an understanding of how the rollers & pins sit onto the shift & select shaft and how to ease the actual front housing assembly onto the intermediate assembly.

It's pretty easy, you just need to take your time - if you're concerned do a few practice runs before you apply the FIPG - just to make sure you don't drop rollers & pins from the shift & select shaft (I use a small amount of grease to hold them into place) when you are installing it for real.

Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you happen to know the torque specs for the bellhousing to the middle section and the front seal retainer? also does it call for any type of threadlocking compound?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$482. this included the front main bearing and all the other springs, bushings and bearings in the bellhousing. it comes as an assembly. if you want one, be prepared to wait. the parts guy said it was the last one in the country. jeff or curt might have one in stock though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Stenno said:
All the seals should already be in place when you buy the front section, you may need the front outer seal though - I'm sure some of the Toyota spare parts lads that are on this site can verify this.

Cheers
Jon

Yes you do need to buy the front outer seal... friend just bought one and it didn't come with the front outer seal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts