Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install and set up my s-afcII but I'm trying to find install and set up info for a 94 mkiv 2jz-gte. I think I know which wires to tap into, but would be great to be able to compare notes with someone who already did the install. Also, which knock sensor should I tap into, 1 or 2? anyone with setup config settings they can post?

Maybe we should get some info and make it a sticky! like the vpc settings thread (that thread is great!)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I tap into knock sensor #1 or 2? Which is more sensitive?

·
Stock Twins King
4,490 Posts
I wouldnt even worry about using the knock signal. Its worthless.
When doing your initial HiThrottle set points, you will need to start in reverse order in order to achieve the proper settings. Start at 9600 rpms and work backwards by 200 rpm increments. This will get you above 6800 after the 12 set points. Then start over, but now at 4000rpm going up in 200 increments. Once you get to 5600, you will need to go in 400rpm increments. Because you only have 12 sets, and you run out before reaching 6800.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, that'll get me started, you DA MAN!!! thanks!

·
Registered
934 Posts
i dont recall exact RPM setting but for my ODB1 94 turbo... i felt i needed the precise control around 4500-5500 (where the odb1 lean spot is), the rest of the rpm range had alil more gap. i also didnt use the high/low throttle setting listed in MKIV.com, which i felt were alil too high. instead i went with 84- / 85+ since i noticed even around 85% throttle, i was getting significant boost. my adjustment looks kinda like this…. Around 4500 I gradually add fuel and around 5000, I believe im at +10%, then drop down to 0% by 5500. by 7000 rpm I'm at -8% since my preSAFC2 adjustment was high 9:1 at redline with my wideband. Yeah I do run conservatively still but that’s the way I like it, less chance for knock and timeing retarding. :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
u know i dont really care that much about knock sensor on the afc but i wish the next SAFC3 will also read timing... i'd get that for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts