Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
the safc is for fuel management basically, why would it matter if you had access to a dyno?

If you were to get the safc for just hp reasons then i would understand.

but like me, i'm using it for fuel management since i got bigger injectors for my car

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm...I'll prolly skip it, then, I'm not certian if I'm going to be going with the larger USDM MKIV injectors when I do my 1jz swap...just trying to get a list of all the things I'll be spending money on...

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
if you have access to a wideband with display, then you won't need a dyno to tune it. You won't know what afr makes the most power for you, but you could at least get a pretty close base before taking it to a dyno

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
RacerM500 said:
the safc is for fuel management basically, why would it matter if you had access to a dyno?
If you were to get the safc for just hp reasons then i would understand.
but like me, i'm using it for fuel management since i got bigger injectors for my car
So...............what are you using to dial it in? How do you know what your A/F's are?

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Fuel computers are only useful if you have the proper gauges to tell you where the car is at in the first place. EGT or wideband O2 are both acceptable, with EGT being good enough for a rough tune, and wideband O2 being the holy grail :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
What Bishop said.

I bought an AFC for more than just a power increase. I hate the amount of raw fuel that spews out the back when I jump on it. It's not good for the environment, fuel consumption, the cat converter and too much fuel in the combustion chamber causes carbon buildup and in extreme cases can wash oil off the cylinder walls and cause excess wear. Excessive fuel also dirties up your oil faster.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
so you are saying that by simply installing 550cc and lex afm with afpr doenst just do it... it is required to have an afr/safc to tune it in properly???????

W

·
0 Posts
DigitalDUST said:
so you are saying that by simply installing 550cc and lex afm with afpr doenst just do it... it is required to have an afr/safc to tune it in properly???????

well you can do it... theroedically the 550's add 25% increase in fuel and the lex afm adds 25% increase in air so it should be ok.. but when you raise the boost its risky... if you have an egt guage if it doesnt get too high then you should be ok... but if i were you get a walbro pump to go along with that and get and safc or something to tune it with... trust me its worth spending the extra $300 for one then $1500 for an engine rebuild

W

·
0 Posts
DigitalDUST said:
so, how much boost is too much? I have egt. and all supporting mods. check my sig for what I got!
i posted in your other thread about the 440's and lex there... we will discuss your car there...

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shit...I'm interested TOO! lol...hunting his thread...

I'm most likely not purchasing larger injectors yet, so it would just pretty much be decoration then, huh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts