Supra Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Holy hell, another dead thread resurrection.... Hehehehe

Anybody knows if these brackets are still available or retrofit service available, if there was such an option @Isaac

Thanks

Rishi

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Both still available but since I'm based in Australia, it'd probably be cheaper for you to find someone stateside to carry out the work if you're not comfortable with it. Flick me a PM and I can recommend someone. I generally recommend RX350 projectors these days however. Simpler to fit, bixenon and 3" lens like stock.

I'm also currently waiting for some Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 projectors to arrive to develop a bracket for which should be a nice simple fit too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Both still available but since I'm based in Australia, it'd probably be cheaper for you to find someone stateside to carry out the work if you're not comfortable with it. Flick me a PM and I can recommend someone. I generally recommend RX350 projectors these days however. Simpler to fit, bixenon and 3" lens like stock.

I'm also currently waiting for some Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 projectors to arrive to develop a bracket for which should be a nice simple fit too.
Isaac -

Any idea if the new Morimoto BiLed 2.0 could fit? The AFS RX350s don't seem to be as readily available as they were a few years ago and the BiLeds are getting great reviews.

Also, for anybody thinking about getting them, Isaac's brackets/install kits are really nice and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Isaac -

Any idea if the new Morimoto BiLed 2.0 could fit? The AFS RX350s don't seem to be as readily available as they were a few years ago and the BiLeds are getting great reviews.

Also, for anybody thinking about getting them, Isaac's brackets/install kits are really nice and fit perfectly.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! The Morimoto LED projectors should fit without any trouble at all as they're smaller in all dimensions than the RX350s. I still haven't had the opportunity to design a mounting bracket for anyone but the Morimoto mounting bolt pattern is standardising so my upcoming D2S 5.0 design will most likely also work for the LED offerings.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence! The Morimoto LED projectors should fit without any trouble at all as they're smaller in all dimensions than the RX350s. I still haven't had the opportunity to design a mounting bracket for anyone but the Morimoto mounting bolt pattern is standardising so my upcoming D2S 5.0 design will most likely also work for the LED offerings.
That's interesting. I may pick one of these: RX350 to MLED 2.0 Brackets - Retrofit Brackets - Components and give it a try. I've got also got a Mazda 6 that the RX350s apparently drop into, so I could use them there to replace the stock halogen projectors.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts