Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking 362 or 364.5 with the 0.83 divided or AGP Turbo 0.68 open turbine housing. I will be running 91 octane pump gas. I've been running the car at ~450whp through the factory auto and am switching to a 6R80 which should help the WHP numbers (more efficient design, locking converter). I'm running a He351CW 0.68 AR T3 turbo with 60 mm compressor inducer (small back end) on a cast manifold.

I've read tons of threads that talk about E85, etc. I'm looking to extract the best possible spool for my target HP range on pump gas as that's what's readily available where I am. Is there any data to show turbo choking on a 0.68 with pump gas boost levels (~20psi)?

Would love some real world data on a 2J. I'm having a hard time finding stock 2JZ dyno graphs on these turbos.

I may later add a meth kit, but if shooting for higher numbers, would likely change out the hot side as it's only a few hundred $ and some dyno time which will be needed for meth tuning anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are a lot of threads with speculation, and the conversation goes to E85, turbo max potential, etc. This is for a pump gas street car that will see the road course and drag strip on weekends, I'm not looking for "all-in" high boost level numbers. This is to street drive, drive to the track, do some passes, and drive home, with pump gas 91 available here, no E85.

·
Registered
563 Posts
On my completely stock TT long block minus a SP cast manifold and standard non FMW s366 with open .88 with 4 inch exhaust, I made 450whp at 18psi on 93 octane through a 6 speed on a mustang dyno. I would think with the new FMW turbos and some better motor parts such as cams, tubular turbo manifold, it should make a bit more. I don't know how much I would risk it on 91 octane and a small turbo trying to hit 550-600whp though. That sounds like a stretch to me, especially through an auto.

Hopefully some other users can chime in with any luck they've had with smaller than a s366 turbo.

·
Registered
56 Posts
On my PTE 6466 I started seeing knock around 17 PSI on 91. I think the pressure is your enemy when it comes to combustion stability. A larger turbo will allow you to hit the power you want at a lower PSI. The trade off is a slower spool time. I think a 69mm turbo would be the sweet spot for you. The new ball bearing turbos spool pretty quick so it may not be an issue. I am going to assume you are not running stock fuel and ECU, that would also be a bottleneck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Running and AEM V2 with my current single setup, didn't see any knock up to ~18psi on our 91 here. My tuner is ok to go ~20 lbs with our fuel, and timing in the map.

·
Registered
238 Posts
my 6266 JB on 94 pump making 630hp that is with his 264 cams
on 91 I'm making 540
but going to swap for 6466

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thinking 362 or 364.5 with the 0.83 divided or AGP Turbo 0.68 open turbine housing. I will be running 91 octane pump gas. I've been running the car at ~450whp through the factory auto and am switching to a 6R80 which should help the WHP numbers (more efficient design, locking converter). I'm running a He351CW 0.68 AR T3 turbo with 60 mm compressor inducer (small back end) on a cast manifold.

I've read tons of threads that talk about E85, etc. I'm looking to extract the best possible spool for my target HP range on pump gas as that's what's readily available where I am. Is there any data to show turbo choking on a 0.68 with pump gas boost levels (~20psi)?

Would love some real world data on a 2J. I'm having a hard time finding stock 2JZ dyno graphs on these turbos xender discord omegle .

I may later add a meth kit, but if shooting for higher numbers, would likely change out the hot side as it's only a few hundred $ and some dyno time which will be needed for meth tuning anyway.
I made 450whp at 18psi on 93 octane through a 6 speed on a mustang dyno. I would think with the new FMW turbos and some better motor parts such as cams, tubular turbo manifold, it should make a bit more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts