Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see some dyno graphs and setups using the S372/s372r billet. I cant seem to find anyone that posted numbers but starlettgtt and another guy selling his car. Thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
standard bw s372 with a/r 1.10

pump gas tune
When you say pump gas? What octane are you referring to, 93 Octane, E-85, Pump/Meth? Just want some clarification, What psi?

Nice numbers!

·
Registered
651 Posts
^ you don't think that that turbo isn't going to spool until 6400 rpm on E85 do ya? Pump means 93.
We all know what pump means, however 712 rwhp on 93 octane is pretty high IMO so that's why I asked for clarification..

·
Time for change
6,866 Posts
We all know what pump means, however 712 rwhp on 93 octane is pretty high IMO so that's why I asked for clarification..
You just contradicted yourself. If you wanted to know if he was running meth, then ask the question. Seems like there was a bit of frustration in your post regarding that, he was just trying to be helpful and supply some info for the OP.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1) I already saw this and didnt believe it.

2) you sure it sjust 93 oct?, how much boost?

3) the number seem low for a s372, also the tq seems very low for the a/r size....

thank you again for your help, i see the number for the s372 are all over the chart for other users. Starletgtt made [email protected] on e85 i think. Anyone else have any setups to compare?

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
3) the number seem low for a s372, also the tq seems very low for the a/r size....
It's actually high for pump gas on a stock engine. The tune plays a major part in many of the dyno sheets you guys see, its not only the turbo.

E85 16.5psi boost 598rwhp

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's actually high for pump gas on a stock engine. The tune plays a major part in many of the dyno sheets you guys see, its not only the turbo.

E85 16.5psi boost 598rwhp

[]

can you really run 30psi on 93oct if so for how long? Is that starletgtt's car ^^^^^??

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
30psi on 93 octane is plain stupid, no matter the turbo. I don't know who's car that is on the video but that is a more realistic number, for E85. You would be able to achieve the same number on 93 octane with a little more boost, i.e. 19-20psi as opposed to 16.5psi on E85.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
30psi on 93 octane is plain stupid, no matter the turbo. I don't know who's car that is on the video but that is a more realistic number, for E85. You would be able to achieve the same number on 93 octane with a little more boost, i.e. 19-20psi as opposed to 16.5psi on E85.
E85 allows for more timing than regular pump 93. I dont see how you can say 100rwhp more with 3 psi using a lower octane.
Those dyno numbers are STD corrected. I wonder what the uncorrected numbers were.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
E85 allows for more timing than regular pump 93. I dont see how you can say 100rwhp more with 3 psi using a lower octane.
Those dyno numbers are STD corrected. I wonder what the uncorrected numbers were.
I think he means you need more boost to achieve the same number on 93 octane in general. But I can only see that applying to under 20psi.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Like I said before, tuning plays a big role. I don't get why you are confused when you answered your own question. You don't make power by simply changing fuel type.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you serious man? Why would you ask that kind of question? only on cl you see people running 30 lbs on 93 oct to make 400 hp lol

And kirk is right its stupid if you ask me
i was asking because i thought it was a typo, i had no intentions of doing no such thing on 93oct. I thought a motor would blow up running that much boost on 93oct....thats all. I have never seen a car personally run that hard on 93oct but i hear about it from the dsm crew alot. You misunderstood me.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Like I said before, tuning plays a big role. I don't get why you are confused when you answered your own question. You don't make power by simply changing fuel type.
Correct, it needs to be tuned for that fuel. So are you saying with 93 octane and 19-20psi you can achieve the 700+ or the same 598 which was done on E85?

1,442 Posts
Correct, it needs to be tuned for that fuel. So are you saying with 93 octane and 19-20psi you can achieve the 700+ or the same 598 which was done on E85?
Now you're starting to confuse me. He is refering to the car in the video on post #11. It made 598whp at 16.5psi, he is saying with 93 you could achieve similar numbers with a few psi more.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.