Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
so marko is competing in the pro class? they sure didnt say to much about him, I would look to him as being the supra laying the smack down.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
anyone know who the guy was that was talking about the mustang being gang raped by supras? and the guy who said who would go and pick up hos in a 73 pinto

both classic lines

·
Registered
161 Posts
Why did you guys limit the drag radial class to just 16, 17, & 18? Most of the Mustang guys run 15" drag radials. A local guy in my area runs low 8's at 160+mph on drag radials.

Supras are very nice but when it comes down to it, there isn't one out there that would touch a Domestic in the same class. Thats just a fact.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Rippy said:
Why did you guys limit the drag radial class to just 16, 17, & 18? Most of the Mustang guys run 15" drag radials. A local guy in my area runs low 8's at 160+mph on drag radials.

Supras are very nice but when it comes down to it, there isn't one out there that would touch a Domestic in the same class. Thats just a fact.
that is the specific reason why we limited the class....
Low 8's should be competing on the Pro 10.5 tire class, we will let him run that class on a drag radial if he wishes, the DR class was created for daily driven true street cars, they have no place to run, both import and domestic.....

and before you think I am an import guy, I own and race Muscle....a bow tie at that...(I have a mustang too though)
we wouldnt want a purpose built car to come and clean the slte by 2 seconds, know what I mean...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just curious thats all. I was just using this particular person as an example of a car that is driven on the streets and basically appears stock when he doesn't have the parachute on, stock style suspension, 10.5" tire, nothing fancy. He ran his car in Vegas a little while back and ran [email protected] on a 10.5" drag radial.

Here is an old vid of him running his car for the first time working the bugs out and acquiring his license.

http://www.performanceplus.com/moviegallery/Compilation.wmv

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rippy said:

5.0 vs 3.0 hmm. Antiquated pushrod V8 or not it still has 2 extra liters.

·
Registered
161 Posts
....aaand your point is? Are you trying to say that Supra's can't compete with the V8's ???

Clifton said:
5.0 vs 3.0 hmm. Antiquated pushrod V8 or not it still has 2 extra liters.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Rippy said:
I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just curious thats all. I was just using this particular person as an example of a car that is driven on the streets and basically appears stock when he doesn't have the parachute on, stock style suspension, 10.5" tire, nothing fancy. He ran his car in Vegas a little while back and ran [email protected] on a 10.5" drag radial.

Here is an old vid of him running his car for the first time working the bugs out and acquiring his license.

http://www.performanceplus.com/moviegallery/Compilation.wmv
if u dont think an import can compete on that level...look at msp's supra. it ran 7.9 on dr's. so i think some of the supra's and other imports there will be capable of competing with domestics. i wish i could come by i'd have to fly out to phoenix and rent a car to come watch...cause i'm not driving my POS all the way out there hehe.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
apx632 said:
if u dont think an import can compete on that level...look at msp's supra. it ran 7.9 on dr's. so i think some of the supra's and other imports there will be capable of competing with domestics. i wish i could come by i'd have to fly out to phoenix and rent a car to come watch...cause i'm not driving my POS all the way out there hehe.

come cheer your boy on, Steven Fereday is comeing from Houston with his LS1....Htown will be representing with one of its finest examples of EFI domestic muscle....a 98 camaro

·
Registered
161 Posts
That was why I asked the question about the 15" drag radials. Oh well, there is always the "street races" afterwards.

apx632 said:

G

·
Wow thanks for making the whole supra community look REALLY smart.
Xracer2JZ said:
damn i cant wait to see this stuff. but somthing i dont like about it, 99% of american cars is nothing but drag. you wont see any of thoes muscel cars pulling 1+G on the skid pad or running a 54sec lap at tskuba

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rippy said:
....aaand your point is? Are you trying to say that Supra's can't compete with the V8's ???

No.

I could care less if they can compete or not. Drag racing isn't my thing nor are Supras in particular. You said they can't touch a domestic in the same class. Considering V8's run almost twice the displacement it would be hard for them to compete, especially at there weight. They do pretty good considering there displacement though, much better than a 3.0 dumbestic would.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great vid.

Damn, I'd love to drive out just to witness this event. I don't even know half of the people involved but it sounds like it'll be a great show :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
we'd love to have you and we'd love to see you there..this will be a great annd very differant event...also bridging the gap...all these imports that are running are pioneers and have the balls to try out some of these mustang/camaro guys,make the trip it will be worth your while, hell, you should enter your car to street race later in the evening!!!!

SIN 9 will be up tomorrow and it is even better than SIN 8, even better sound bites from some of our favorites on here! Also, you will be able to take a short glimps at the Scandalous IROC!!!!!just a slow little street car!

·
Registered
825 Posts
i hope someone catches them racing on vid.....didnt a ******* say that a supra was going to bet their doors blown away????? that was the funniest shyt i have ever heard..... supras will represent and hopefully we see some vids of that.... that shyt seems like its going to be killer......

61 - 80 of 85 Posts