Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gotta few questions for you guys..

I installed a fields replica harness this week, along with a BCC, and a SAFC. Connections were solderd. And both work...
IE
BCC= Ive seen 1.4 bars
SAFC= Its lights up, If iI make hotwire adjustments that are too low it shuts of and makes some adjustments..

Now here is my problem.

I took the car to TF this week to get it tuned. At first it was missing abunch so we swapped out the spark plugs, and a difference of night and day was made.
383 HP (ATR DP/EXT, FMIC,BCC,SAFC,MBC)
Now keep in mind I was on a budget so I couldnt stay all evening. BUt left with a few problems, that still to now I cant figure out.

1. We are adding fuel across the board,.. This is weird, befor I installed the SAFC, my FJO display was constantly in the 10.5 area up after 5k rpms. On the dyno in some places adding 30% fuel, im still getting a A/F mixture of 12.93-1

I was told that I could have a problem with my fuel system. BUt I highly doubt that the stock fuel pump is bad, It had a new filter installed 8k miles ago,.. and my injectors,.. Idunnno that could be the problem. But if they were wouldng I have have had this lean problem befor the SAFC install? Befor I was constantly 10.5-1 like I said and now we cant hit 12.5 for the life of us.

I followed the install to the "T" from mkiv.com even to the 1cm distance between the grownds.

What could be wrong?

Also I was having a boost problem. I thought I had the MBC installed correctly

VSV2====WG====#1Turbo

Heres what I did

VSV2--CAP CAP==WG===MBC===#1Turbo

This is correct isnt it?
But no matter what way I set the MBC or have it completly open or close i see 1.3 1.4 bars

It was pointed out to me however that I may have some leaks
this incicates a potential leak *

VSV2===CAP CAP===*WG*====MBC===*#1Turbo

Let me know guys. Id like to know whats going on. I was in the garage alot of the day today trying to figure it out.

Also all Dynos were done with 116 oct, and EGT never went past 600, and leanest was 12.93

Thanks in advance

again, post any comments, open to anything

Ramiro

EDIT** Just read this, and forgot to mentio. SAFC set at ZERO across the board also gives me a rich reading throught the higher rpms

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
First off, the correct way to install the MBC is to cap off BOTH ports of the wastegate VSV
Cap off the front nipple of the wastegate actuator. Install the MBC between the upper nipple of the actuator and the other side to the turbo. Constant readings of around 19-20psi sounds like your not having any boost control. Thats about as much as you can get unless doing a 5th gear pull on the freeway.

Something is wrong with your install of the SAFC if you get that rich of readings when it is zero'd out. There is no way that you need to "add" fuel, except for maybe around that infamous OBDI lean area. Check your connections again, and make sure to set the HI-Low at 69/70. Also check to see if the throttle is calibrated correctly. Watch the display as you push your gas pedal and see if it goes form 0-100.

Are you adding fuel every where?

Stu

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stu Hagen said:
First off, the correct way to install the MBC is to cap off BOTH ports of the wastegate VSV
Cap off the front nipple of the wastegate actuator. Install the MBC between the upper nipple of the actuator and the other side to the turbo.

So is my diagram Correct?

VSV====WG====Turbo

VSV==CAP CAP==WG==MBC==Turbo

Or is this the way it should be

Cap==VSV==CAP CAP==WG==MBC==Turbo

I guess Ill double check my SAFC install,.. but I could have sworn it was correct

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
http://www.97supraturbo.com/Engine Turbo rebuild/VSV's EGCV.jpg

Here is a picture from my webpage. The VSV on the right is the wastegate VSV. THAT is what yours should look like CAPPED. There are "2" nipples on the wastegate. one on the bottom, one on the top. The one on the bottom is CAPPED. The one on top goes to the MBC, the other side of the MBC goes to the turbo.

The VSV's are totally out of the picture!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts