Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal my friend has a 98 gs 300 lexus with the 2jz-ge in it and we have a safc installed in there, i need help setting it up the correct way.
1. i need to know if its a karmen or hot wire?
2. sens in/ out and sens cal. numbers?
3. use the white and yellow or pink and orange wires?
4. best ne points?
5. best hi and lo throttle% points?
i though i had it set up the right way for the longest time but i read so many conflicting storries in the searches that im not sure if mine are right, so any help would be appreciated. thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
98 should be hot wire. That's all I know at this point.

Ryan

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
It's hotwire, so follow the installation guide on mkiv.com. Because it is a hotwire system, use the yellow and white wires. The pink and orange won't connect to anything.

For the rest, hmm, I believe the throttle calibration was a step in the installation that allows the afc to understand where closed and full open throttle is at; ie, closed = 0% and fully open = 100%.

I have a karmen type sensor, so I am not sure about calibrating the hotwire.

As far as tuning points, allow a dyno opperator to figure out which points are the best to tune when you get the car dynoed.

--Justin

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so no one knows the sens in/out #'s or the sens cal #'s?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
most of us are Karmann. now if you want me to look up my karmann settings.....ill do that when i get home from college tommorow.

dont know if that'll help u any

Bob

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
WHY DIDN'T YOU READ THE MKIV.COM WRITEUP LIKE I SAID FOOL! Lazy, lazy.

Here is what it said at the bottom of the page...

Next enter the following basic settings:

-Go to [main] ~>[setting] ~> [3. TH-Point] ~> [Lo-94, Hi-95]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [1. Sensor Type] ~> [1. Hot-Wire] ~> [in-12, Out-12] ~> [in-1, Out-1]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [2. Car Select] ~> [Cyl:6, Thr: UP]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [3. Graph scale] ~> [Ne = 7000rpm]

[Ne-POINT = 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000, 6500, 7000]

[Dec. -Air = NOT USED, unless you want to use it to compensate for venting your BOV to atmosphere]

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank u supra sonic!:D
i didnt feel like haveing to wait a few days before i can search on mkiv.com like i had to with this website, im not registered with mkiv.com yet. so does anyone have any starter settings? should i lean it out a bit before we dyno?

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
mkiv is a knowledge base there's no need to register with it; you just go there and look; thats where i learned to install my SAFC... make sure you use the wires for the hotwire setup and not the pink/orange wires for the karman vortex

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
mofreakous said:
thank u supra sonic!:D
i didnt feel like haveing to wait a few days before i can search on mkiv.com like i had to with this website, im not registered with mkiv.com yet. so does anyone have any starter settings? should i lean it out a bit before we dyno?
Supposedly decreasing the fuel to air ratio (leaning out the car) a lot is suppose to give some substancial gains.

PM flypinoy457. He knows the settings, but it is better to dyno it to be safe.

--Justin

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn! flypinoy457 mailbox is full, anyone else? i guess i will go to mkiv and check it out in the mean time, thanks everybody!

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
Hey sorry my PM box is all messed up, I cleared it all out (YES FROM THE START) and when members try to PM me says it still full. **if a moderator reads this, can u please check out my account, would like to have a PM box again. ** If you need to get ahold of me my AIM SN: Flypinoy457

·
Japanese Parts Importer
708 Posts
settings are useless to share since every car has different mods... just leave everything at zero... and once u get to the dyno tune it from there... if you want you can start by leaning out the fuel curve... but that could be a bad idea... esp.. if your just guessing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts