Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm researching into what I'm going to need in order to take my 89T to the next level of performance, I've searched quite a bit and still feel a little lost, I hear one thing then another. I plan on purchasing a lex AFM and RC 550's and I need to know what exactly I need to monitor and control my air / fuel ratios safely.

After reading the info on the Apexi (SAFC) website I'm still foggy as to whether it will read my AF ratios or just allow me to adjust the mixture. Do I need a wideband meter for this? If the SAFC allows me to adjust my mixture why would I need a FPR? Doesn't the custom adjusting screw on the AFM allow me to adjust the mixture?

Please don't ask me to search, I'm looking for a concrete outline of what does what and what I will need to purchase so I can do it right the first time... thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had all three in my car. I used my FJO wideband to tune with my S-AFC (Dyno would have been much better but the car took a dump before I could get it to it) Your Wideband will measure your air to fuel ratio. In general the S-AFC will piggy back the computer to control Injector pulse (Electrical). While the Fuel pressure regulator will regulate the fuel pressure (Mechanical).

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
well i got a VPC in my car...i might get me the safc to tune it properly...i think the safc is fine..but now they have this greddy emanage thing..cheaper then the VPC! and vpc's are discontinued...something simple..go with the apex safc....but the greddy emange is the same price range

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
SAFC just controls the A/F adjustments
The wideband just monitors them.
The AFPR adjusts the Fuel pressure.

You will need them all if you plan to tune

·
Search
3,305 Posts
you need an afc(or equiv.) and a wideband.

The wideband monitors your AFR ( I have a zeitronix )
The AFC adjusts the amount of air your ecu see's, therefor adusting fuel AND timing.

The AFPR adjusts the pressure at your fuel rail adjusting fuel without modifying timing....

Correct me if i'm wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts