Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who has a good starting point for me. I have a 1j with 268/276 2j cams running on the 2j Aristo wiring and ECU with 720cc injectors and a TO4B. I need a good starting point for the settings if anyone has them. I have it running finally but as expected it is Pig rich. I am taking a lot of fuel away at the low throttle settings to make it run but I have never tuned one of these things before. So any help would be great. So finally after so many years mine is running and driving. Not finished but driving and stopping which is a big deal for me at this point!!!! Lots of work to do still.
Cary

Reading the threads I searched and found I need to add some info.
I have all the initial setting done and some basic fuel settings that are safe for now. I just need to get an idea if I am doing this right. I have the throttle settings at 35/65 and am pulling about 45-30% in the low settings and 20% or so for the high settings since I am only running wastegate spring boost right now like 6-7psi. I see some people running 10/90 for the throttle settings this seems a little wide to me? Oh I have a Wide Band by the way I am not doing this blind. The instruction manual is pretty useless and I am not ready to go to the dyno just yet I have a few things to get done first.

First drive no gas pedal. Pulling on cable with left hand. No muffler just a down pipe. No wastegate control yet. No fenders they are getting the body work done on them. You get the idea.

·
2Fast4U
1,066 Posts
My thr settings are at 45/65%. The 720cc injectors are too much for the safc IMO that's why you're having issues tuning the low throttle. Wait till you get WOT and you'll be pulling a lot more fuel to get a decent AFR and then your timing can get whacked.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats probably true but in the video I actually had bad coils I didnt know about yet. They have since been replaced and the car runs 100% better makes boost gets sideway etc etc. I have gotten a couple of PMs as to where I need to start from this board and others and will try those suggestions this weekend. True the 720s are going to be a little out of the range for the SAFC but it will be good enough till I change to a better setup shortly. I dont plan on making crazy power with this setup just yet just getting it drivable to get the suspention setup. Thanks for the help guys!
Cary

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its a complete 2j Aristo manual ecu and harness including the Map from a 2j. Its also a SAFC2 for info. In addition to the coil issue I somehow when resorting the harness managed to swap the wires on three of the coils. SO the will work but have 1/3 of the spark under load. So after correcting this there is a great improvement in the running of the engine so I think i am ok now. I was thinking there was something with the SAFC settings since the changes to the setting really didnt help but now they do. So I think I am ok now with the info I have gotten. Thanks Guys.
Cary

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But I like Blue!! The seats are Blue and the car will be Lexus IS350 white which has a blue pearlin it.
Cary
But thanks.

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
wow, cary.. finally.. huh.. i guess we will see it at the track by april.. btw.. i have a set of 540cc in stock rail if u wanna try out those .. should be close to the stock map.. and 3.5bar.. aem sensor.. if interested..

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
dude, that shit is fucken awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok guys I had some fun today the 720cc injectors should be fine for now I will get a short video up later lets say its running good and makes great power for now till I can get it more road worthy and get some tuning time on it. I was able to go out side my gated area and have a little fun through second gear to redline and ran out of room. No speedo but it was going pretty good. I need to do some datalogging to see where everything is at but I think all my problems were the coils and those are aparently fixed!!!
Cary

1 - 15 of 15 Posts