Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any basic setting for the SAFC II? I need some setting so that the car will run for a bit so I can drive it to get tuned. Any help would be nice

Thanks Ty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,154 Posts
you dont have to adjust any settings! just do the intial setup as instructed to do in the manual and it will run like stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,124 Posts
Maybe he's talking about this. The basic settings. This is from www.mkiv.com and the SAFC I, but I don't remember any differences when I switched to the SAFC II.

-Go to [main] ~>[setting] ~> [3. TH-Point] ~> [Lo-94, Hi-95]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [1. Sensor Type] ~> [1. Hot-Wire] ~> [in-12, Out-12] ~> [in-1, Out-1]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [2. Car Select] ~> [Cyl:6, Thr: UP]


Set the TH point. I use 74/75.
Set it for hot wire.
Set it for 6 cyl and throttle=up.
You can set your tuning rpm points (Ne) if you want.

Now when you get to the dyno you're ready to tune.
 

·
SupraForums Sponsor
Joined
·
4,068 Posts
supra400hptt said:
Maybe he's talking about this. The basic settings. This is from www.mkiv.com and the SAFC I, but I don't remember any differences when I switched to the SAFC II.

-Go to [main] ~>[setting] ~> [3. TH-Point] ~> [Lo-94, Hi-95]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [1. Sensor Type] ~> [1. Hot-Wire] ~> [in-12, Out-12] ~> [in-1, Out-1]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [2. Car Select] ~> [Cyl:6, Thr: UP]


Set the TH point. I use 74/75.
Set it for hot wire.
Set it for 6 cyl and throttle=up.
You can set your tuning rpm points (Ne) if you want.

Now when you get to the dyno you're ready to tune.
When I first read his post that is what I figured he was talking about. I was going to post that, but it looks like you beat me to it.:)


Take Care
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys, So I can just install it and it will run like stock and I wont have to worry about it untill I can go get it tuned. Thanks for the help.

Ty
 

·
NA-T T61
Joined
·
1,988 Posts
Yeah.. I installed mine and mounted it to where I wanted it. Once you get it wired in, it should turn on and go to the main screen. You will be fine driving it around without having it tuned.
 

·
Turbo Fire Truck Driver
Joined
·
559 Posts
It's a bad idea to use someone else's fuel settings without the aid of a wideband since no two cars run exactly the same. But, if you want to try them... you could take out 5% from 4k to 7k... I think that's what my current settings are. But, if you blow your engine up, don't say you weren't warned.

Wes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
ND4SPD said:
It's a bad idea to use someone else's fuel settings without the aid of a wideband since no two cars run exactly the same. But, if you want to try them... you could take out 5% from 4k to 7k... I think that's what my current settings are. But, if you blow your engine up, don't say you weren't warned.

Wes
Very true. On my other 97 6sp we first leaned out each point of adjustment only to find it was then extrememely lean. After all was said and done we ended up Zeroing everything out and getting a perfect fuel curve which is very rare for an OBDII car I believe. Car wasn't running rich at all initially like most do. Just start with it zeroed out and see where you are before adjusting it. Like ND4SPD said, each car is different.
 

·
Canadian monster
Joined
·
596 Posts
can anyone tell me why in the sensor type, there is the -12,12 and -1,1, why are there 2 settings?

in apexi instructions, you need to use hot wire -12, 12, why is the -1,1 on mkiv.com?

thanks a lot

puma
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,205 Posts
supra400hptt said:
-Go to [main] ~>[setting] ~> [3. TH-Point] ~> [Lo-94, Hi-95]
Why does the TH-Point need to be set like that, is that a MKIV only thing?

With most cars you start with lo-30, hi-70. So your LO-THR settings are up to 30% throttle, and the HI-THR settings are for 70% throttle and above.

Al
 

·
6 speed
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
ND4SPD said:
It's a bad idea to use someone else's fuel settings without the aid of a wideband since no two cars run exactly the same. But, if you want to try them... you could take out 5% from 4k to 7k... I think that's what my current settings are. But, if you blow your engine up, don't say you weren't warned.

Wes
yeah i know this, the reason why i wanted to see other people's settings was because for some reason my car needed fuel added. my car is bpu++ and my settings are the following:

this is with a S-AFC I by the way...

3500 rpm +2
4000 +8
4500 +11
5000 +12
5500 +12
6000 +12
6500 +11
7000 +10
 

·
Canadian monster
Joined
·
596 Posts
T6Rocket said:
Why does the TH-Point need to be set like that, is that a MKIV only thing?

With most cars you start with lo-30, hi-70. So your LO-THR settings are up to 30% throttle, and the HI-THR settings are for 70% throttle and above.

Al
i beleive they set it up like that because they don't want to adjust the low throttle map. Thing is that if you put 30% as low throttle and put 0 everywhere (which means you didn't change anything) and you put values like +10 in the hi thr, the afc will do the math and put values between the 30 and 70. so at 50% throttle, you could get someting like +5, which you might not want.

Basically, by putting the low value at 94 and the high at 95, you ensure that the afc is used only at WOT and that it won't change the values in lower throttle opening. It will only make average values between 94 and 95... dah

i beleive the s-afc 1 can't be put higher than 50% on the low throttle though.
 

·
Hardtopper
Joined
·
855 Posts
could someone please list step by step how to get to each of the 8 points and adjusts its settings.
IE

3500 I want to take away 5% how would I get that done..
I cant get the damn manual to work on my comp
 

·
Supra Shane
Joined
·
1,401 Posts
VR4_007 said:
could someone please list step by step how to get to each of the 8 points and adjusts its settings.
IE

3500 I want to take away 5% how would I get that done..
I cant get the damn manual to work on my comp

Go to Main menu....go to Settings......Hi-Throttle......click the middle knob over to 3500......turn the round big knob to the left to -5%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,205 Posts
puma said:
i beleive they set it up like that because they don't want to adjust the low throttle map. Thing is that if you put 30% as low throttle and put 0 everywhere (which means you didn't change anything) and you put values like +10 in the hi thr, the afc will do the math and put values between the 30 and 70. so at 50% throttle, you could get someting like +5, which you might not want.

Basically, by putting the low value at 94 and the high at 95, you ensure that the afc is used only at WOT and that it won't change the values in lower throttle opening. It will only make average values between 94 and 95... dah

i beleive the s-afc 1 can't be put higher than 50% on the low throttle though.
Those NE points wont work for someone with large injectors that needs to adjust the low throttle settings. Or for someone that needs +10% fuel at WOT just to maintain a safe A/F ratio - what if they boost it a little to pass someone and are only at 60% throttle, they could go lean.

I think 50% LO and 80% HI would be a better compromise and cover most cars in most situations.

Al
 

·
Newbie
Joined
·
11,219 Posts
puma said:
can anyone tell me why in the sensor type, there is the -12,12 and -1,1, why are there 2 settings?

in apexi instructions, you need to use hot wire -12, 12, why is the -1,1 on mkiv.com?

thanks a lot

puma

Ditto, I want to learn what this setting means too.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top