Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am planing out the mods in going to do to my supra when i get it in earlie march or late january. anyhow im getting a auto MKIV N/A. The mods i am thinking about doing in the near future are a Blitz NUR-SPec catback exhaust, Accord/Civic cold air intake and other non engine related mods, possibly a downpipe to eleminate cats. So i was wondering if i should get the APEXI SAFC or the SAFC 2, i know the 2 has better ajustibility, but will it yeild any gain over the SAFC 1 on my car with so little mods? the reason i ask is because the SAFC2 is much more expencive, thank you very much for your help.

R

·
0 Posts
Well, I can get the SAFC II for $300 + shipping for you. Also take a look at my midpipe, 3" Stainless Steel and it yielded 10hp and 15tq at the wheels on my car. $200 for it. The intake pipe is really only good for high speed runs. Best thing to do as far as intake is get a kit like the K&N FIPK or the Apex. If you've got any questions, hit me up on AIM: rwsupra3.

Ryan

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
actually u can snatch a safcII for 275 + shipping which might comes around 15$ so total of 295 :) ..

joe

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, still u kinda avoided my Q`s, would the SAFC2 be worth the extra money? and also, i dont think ill pay 200$ for a downpipe, it is just a pipe =/. anyhow, pleas do u know how much a SAFC will yeild on my aplication and mods? thanks

R

·
0 Posts
It's not a downpipe, it's a midpipe, big difference. The midpipe only deletes one cat as the downpipe deletes both. I'd pay the extra money for the AFC II. $200 isn't bad at all considering the gains of the midpipe.

Ryan

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
fi u plan on going na-t at all...id say go HKS afr instead of S-AFC...i hear u can use the EIDS function to allow the bov to vent to the atmoshpere

S

·
0 Posts
the s-afcII can be tuned so that the BOV's can be vented to atmosphere as well...

for an na... go s-afc... but if you're TT with BOV's venting to atmosphere go s-afcII...

the s-afcII also has a knock sensing function...so it can warn you when your engine is detonating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts