Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off my supra does not run after conversion, trying to figure out why. One thing thats wierd is key one engine off, on my safc2 display, throttle pedal not pressed on at all, reads 100%. when is touch slightly it will go to 0%. I dont think this is normal. When car starts it stumbles then dies, smell raw fuel and spark plugs fowled. Any help is apreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
chokeing on fuel, and i would seriously go over ur wireing

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres really not much wiring to the safc. I have my 2 grounds, 1power, maf signal wire( yellow with red stripe) yellow wire going into ecu and white going to sensor, green tapped into 58 (igf) and tap grey into vta1 throttle pin 43. What causes thottle pid reading on safc display to show throttle 100% when the pedal not pressed at all, then 0% when i press thrttle???

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Theres really not much wiring to the safc. I have my 2 grounds, 1power, maf signal wire( yellow with red stripe) yellow wire going into ecu and white going to sensor, green tapped into 58 (igf) and tap grey into vta1 throttle pin 43. What causes thottle pid reading on safc display to show throttle 100% when the pedal not pressed at all, then 0% when i press thrttle???
It almost sounds like you tapped into the wrong TPS (throttle position sensor) wire - but if you're into pin 43 it should be correct. When I said take the AFC out of the loop I meant remove it completely and temporarily connect the pin 66 wire that you cut.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay ill reconect maf. How can i check at tps if throttle sensor is not working corectly. if it shows 100% idle wouldn't it dump a whole lot of fuel???

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
okay ill reconect maf. How can i check at tps if throttle sensor is not working corectly. if it shows 100% idle wouldn't it dump a whole lot of fuel???
yes, you can measure the output voltage with a multimeter. Do you have a TSRM? -it outlines the procedure.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i disconnected safc and measured voltage from pin 3 at the throttle sensor(yellow wire) to ground. kOEO measures 5.6v. when i move throttle it goes to .55v.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
i disconnected safc and measured voltage from pin 3 at the throttle sensor(yellow wire) to ground. kOEO measures 5.6v. when i move throttle it goes to .55v.
well I think you found the problem :) how the hell to fix it I have no idea. I would start by pulling the sensor off of the throttle plate and seeing if its oriented correctly.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
^ It seems to be working, just giving backwards readings. Almost like it is mounted on the throttle blade shaft incorrectly. Where did the throttle body come from?

Edit: You say its a modded NA harness - may be something to do with it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
throttle body and intake manifold is jdm, sensor is jdm. modded na harness but tps circuits are same as tt.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Were you running this TB before? I would pull the 2 screws on the sensor and try to reorient it. There should be a little notch in there.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Lossen the screws, pull the sensor, try to reorient the little tab that goes onto the throttle blade shaft, then remeasure voltage.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
unscrewed throttle sensor 2 screws and removed top portion of tps. while top portion of tps still pluged in i measured voltage, still 5.4v even when throttle shaft not connected to sensor.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Ok now there should be a little groove that the throttle blade shaft fits into, try reorienting that grove with respect to the shaft (90 degrees would be great), reinstalling, and then checking voltage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts