Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've asked and received opposing answers to this, so

If one puts a venting blow off valve (i'm getting an ssqv) on their 7mgte, can you use safcII to compensate for when it blows off so it doesn't run super rich and potentially die?
I did search, and came up with no definite answers.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're refering to the Dec Air function, though i've also heard both sides on that one, that it may work and that it isn't compatible on ours cars because it is for hot-wire OBD-II cars. I've also read a member felt this feature screwed with his cold starts? So not sure, just trying to see if anyone has confirmed it to work one way or another.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have never messed with that option on the afc but my car does not stall. I run the hks ssqv but have very little to no stall issues running it.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
i just got hard pipes done and a SSQV put on its venting to atmosphere, and it SUX i am going to be buying the re-circ fitting from HPF tomorrow it doesn't stall out and die its just slugish and gay. i'd rather my car be smooth than to hear a cool whoosh noise..... just my .02

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,143 Posts
When I first installed the afc2, I messed with that feature but never got anything to work.

:dunno:

·
Registered
527 Posts
you cannot use the safc to do that.....i never have a problem with stalling....the only way youll stall is if you boost heavy and press in the clutch and not put it back into gear.....thats the only way i stall

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is there any way to stop this effect, besides using an sfc II? also, how does this effect automatic cars?

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
just recirculate the ssqv. ;)

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
yeah i have seen one person do that and their car was for sale.. so try at your own risk, but theory sounds good..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tekdeus said:
Has anyone successfully mounted their AFM after the BOV? Sounds tricky plus all the extra heat?
I would rather convert to speed density/do maft.

·
1,401 Posts
^^^^ DING DING DING

usually when someone does the blow thru mode 9 times out of 10 they will use a GM MAF its not yur regular AFM you have now. the GM MAF is 3 inch in and out and its round not rectangular like ours.

MK3Brent::: Sure you can its easy as pie!!!! haha

BTW does keeping the stock/bosch one on there help out??? i hate the way the car stumbles but where i located the SSQV its gonna be tough/ghetto looking to recirculate it.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
If your car is stalling w/ an atmospheric BOV, chances are you have a small issue or problem somewhere else such as a vaccuum leak or a boost leak even. If the car is in good shape and no leaks or issues, you should not have stalling issues of any kind. The only time I ever ran into a stalling issue was w/ a faulty BOV and that was quickly resolved. I ran SEVERAL including the Greddy Type S, Blitz DD, HKS SSQV, HKS Racing Bypass, and finally the HKS Racing Type 2. The Greddy was the only one that gave me trouble and they all worked perfectly, speed density or not.

·
1,401 Posts
well mine doesn't stall it just sux driving it. it's rich as hell between shifts. its just not smooth like it used to be.

I'm gonna recirc it soon tho cause i'd rather have my car run GOOD then have a gay ricer noise and sound KEWL!!!

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
sound cool all the way! :)

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
I've got the Lex AFM which seems to be 3" in and out round on each end. Can it handle 18 PSI? I wonder if I could use it to replce the 3000 pipe? Just don't want to have to spend a fortune to use an atmospheric BOV without problems.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts