Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a MAF-T and i want to be able to tune really good with it. ive been thinking about a SAFC2 or maybe a LM-1 . i just want to know what would be best to tune and to make my supra run to perfection. ok thanks

tomz

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
adam pecush said:
you do realize that both serve different tasks...
Exactly.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i know there differant, the matter at hand now is i have a maft and i want to tune a little better but i only have the cash for one or the other. i can do some fuel tuning with the maft but i want to see A/R ratio number but i know the safc2 does more fuel tunning

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
Get the WB first. (It'll help you figure out if you have vac leaks, and boost leaks.)

(I bought both at the same time though.)

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Why do you need an SAFC if you have a MAFT?
I thought the MAFT was a tuning device? Or is it really limited?
I would get a wideband first though. Thats my opinion

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Im gonna have to say go with the wideband first then the afc when the money is right. My buddy used both maft t and safc to tune his galant vr4.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
PM-Performance said:
Why do you need an SAFC if you have a MAFT?
I thought the MAFT was a tuning device? Or is it really limited?
I would get a wideband first though. Thats my opinion
The maf-t is very primitive for tuning, it is similar to the 1st gen analog s-afc. You turn little knobs (potentiometers) to adjust values.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
BowserCake said:
Is it just the maf-t that is primitive or is the maft pro just as primitive at tuning?
Just the maf-t.
MaftPro is all digital I believe.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,951 Posts
GET a widebacnd and tune it to the right AFs, if you dont shes gonna blow up if nothing is there to guage what you are doing!

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
well you could always get the safc then go to the dyno w/ a wideband and tune. another option would be the innovate lc-1. they are only $199. pick up a used safc on ebay and end up spending what just one item would cost new.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you tune the maft with a voltemeter. you get number from 0 to 5 and that reads out if you are lean or rich. 0v being too lean 5v being too rich. i think im going go with the WB then afc.

tom

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
preluder3084 said:
you tune the maft with a voltemeter. you get number from 0 to 5 and that reads out if you are lean or rich. 0v being too lean 5v being too rich. i think im going go with the WB then afc.

tom
thats the Vf voltage, and dont dare tune with that at wot. thats only for idle and cruise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts