Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Supra Shane
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok well I have a 62-1 turbo with stock fuel and ECU.....all I have now is a SAFC2 with no VPC....I put the settings in it like said on MKIV.com and if im like 4500rpms in any gear and mash the throttle it will fall on its face and act as if i shut the car off same thing if im racing and go to shift in like 3rd or 4th it will do same thing...but if i ease into the throttle slowly its fine. Also im runnin 15-16psi and Ill try to change my A/F and no matter what I change Hi-Throttle too the A/F will not change.... Ive had an SAFC2 in when i was TT and it worked fine so i know its wired in right.....anyone know?

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Shane,

If you plan on keeping the stock ECU, I would put a VPC in and get rid of that MAF. You're still using stock injectors so I'm not sure why you're having problems with the tune. Double check the S-AFC wiring.

Do the problems occur at lower boost (like 12psi or so)? If not, then I suspect your fuel system isn't able to keep up with the sudden spool of that turbo at 16psi.

When you had the AEM in I noticed the MAF was messing up the TPS readings. I wonder if there is an electrical issue that is throwing off the stock ECU? Anyway I hope you get the issue fixed.

Good luck
-mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts