Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TACO!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a frontmount soon. I have stock everything except a Downpipe and a K&N filter. I'll be getting the BC and the BCC all installed at the same time. I need to know what setting is good for south florida weather. (summer or spring all year round)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
15-16 psi on pump gas, 17-18 on race gas is what ive heard to be safe. although the higher the boost the quicker your turbos wear out. ive also seen people running 22 psi on stock twins with some success, but from what i understand they are only making excess heat above 17-18 psi.

·
TACO!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much horse power will the car put down?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
depends on how much boost, what kind of gas, if the car is pulling timing or not, etc etc. And on top of that, every car is different.

·
TACO!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SupraSpeedMKIV depends on how much boost, what kind of gas, if the car is pulling timing or not, etc etc. And on top of that, every car is different.
1994 auto Supra TT
Pump gas, 16 to 17 psi, Apex 3 row Front mount Intercooler, HKS SS BOV. K&N filter, True twin conversion, Down pipe, (no Cat) BC, BCC.

I just want it to be a strong BPU Car.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Two of the biggest factors in having a strong BPU car:

Good compression
Efficient boost system

A good running car makes more of a difference than the mods you put on. So a basic BPU car with no vacuum leaks and great compression will out-pull a BPU++ with weaker compression and/or small boost leaks. Any idea what your compression numbers are?

·
TACO!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything is in perfect condition at the moment. No leaks or loss of compression

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
With a FMIC you will no longer be BPU. With no cat back exhaust I don't even know how your car will be clasified. Maybe BPU -exhaust + FMIC. :)

Later, Steve

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
With a FMIC you will no longer be BPU. With no cat back exhaust I don't even know how your car will be clasified. Maybe BPU -exhaust + FMIC. :)

Later, Steve
sounds like math, and math sounds like work. we'll just stick to "modded". :eek:

·
TACO!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
?????????

·
Registered
372 Posts
the car should put down around 380rwhp on pump gas at 18psi. How many miles do you have on the car? Do you have the exact compression numbers?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts