Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just got my profec B, i wonder if its safe to turn it up to 11 psi now. i got a 60 trim turbo with 10 degree clip, a spearco IC, K&N FIPK, JBL Lr elbow, full 3" exhaust, ngk irdiums and wires, but i got stock injectors and afm still. what do u guys think? oh and when i tune the greddy profec b what gear should i be in? and how much horsepower do u think i will put down?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I think it probably is safe to run 11psi. You do have a boost gauge? An EGT gauge would also be nice to make sure you're not getting close to piston-melting temperatures... But yeah, boosting below fuel cut is relatively safe (assuming your cooling system is up to snuff)

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
suprasucka said:
hey, i just got my profec B, i wonder if its safe to turn it up to 11 psi now. i got a 60 trim turbo with 10 degree clip, a spearco IC, K&N FIPK, JBL Lr elbow, full 3" exhaust, ngk irdiums and wires, but i got stock injectors and afm still. what do u guys think? oh and when i tune the greddy profec b what gear should i be in? and how much horsepower do u think i will put down?
You should be fine at 11psi if you are not hitting fuel cut (you may with the upgraded turbo). If you are hitting fuel cut then take a look at this link: Raising "Fuel Cut" with stock AFM.

You should be running very well. With your mods (at 11psi) ... I would guestimate around 280-300+ CRANK HP.

*Figure another 11 CRANK HP for every PSI that you add. <---This is normally fairly accurate for stock ct26, BUT it may be a bit off with the upgraded 60-1.

I do not know about which gear you want to "tune your greddy profec b in" for sure. BUT ... I remeber that on turbo car, they reccomend dyno pulls for accurate number in 4th and 5th gear. Supposedly 5th gear is the best for a turbo car on a dyno, but many dyno in 4th. You may want to tune in 5th since it will be your "longest" gear.

I replied to that PM that you sent me.

Best regards.

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i have a greddy eletronic egt gauge, but i dint hook it back up yet, but before i was boosting 10 with a MBC i would hit fuel cut in the higher rpms, damn spring and ball type would spike me or somthin, but i notice iget more solid boost with the profec B, oh yea and i have a stock head gasket and new radiator and running 50/50 with toyota red. but egts before was sittin around 500 C at WOT, i usually get some backfires, loud ones, and after a race, i would blow fire. lol

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
The head gasket is the only thing that would make me say stay where you're at. But yeah, I was hitting fuel cut at 11psi on the upgraded ct26, so I used an fcd and bumped boost to 14. It's a somewhat frowned-upon mod, but I was tired of 10psi (automatic spikes to 11psi on the shift)

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
suprasucka said:
yea i have a greddy eletronic egt gauge, but i dint hook it back up yet, but before i was boosting 10 with a MBC i would hit fuel cut in the higher rpms, damn spring and ball type would spike me or somthin, but i notice iget more solid boost with the profec B, oh yea and i have a stock head gasket and new radiator and running 50/50 with toyota red. but egts before was sittin around 500 C at WOT, i usually get some backfires, loud ones, and after a race, i would blow fire. lol
Definitely hook up the EGT guage. With your intercooler and better flowing exhaust your EGTs should be fine, as is.

You shoud get some intercool pipes. <---This will help with your EGTs. Stock IC pipes are VERY restrictive.

Heard of the PVC IC pipes mod? I think it may still work for you because you didn't say that you have aftermarket IC pipes, so the spearco IC that you have should be the stock replacement one.

Here is the link to the mod:
PVC IC pipes mod.

This is the fabricator's car:
John Lunsford's ride at 7mpower.com

EDIT: Is your stock HG retourqed to 75+ ftlbs? If it is at factory tourqe specs then this is definitely an area that needs to be "addressed".

Best regards.

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh naw man i tried the pvc shit, it leaked all over, i got custom IC pipes with silicone connectors and t-bolt clamps, the engine had an overhaul less then 5k miles ago, new toyota HG with arp studs, torqued to 95 lbs

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
suprasucka said:
oh naw man i tried the pvc shit, it leaked all over, i got custom IC pipes with silicone connectors and t-bolt clamps, the engine had an overhaul less then 5k miles ago, new toyota HG with arp studs, torqued to 95 lbs
The PVC should have been flawless if you got the right temp treated PVC and followed directions to the "T" ... something was definitely wrong.

Good to hear about the overhaul, IC pipes, and HG torqued down well. "You're ready to go". Boost away.

Best regards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts