Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help with my supra(95 NA SE 60K) and its sag...

my supra kinda looks like this from the back:
___
(___)
// \\

looking from the back, the top of the back tires point inwards. i got new 18x9 in front and 18x10s in the back exactly a year ago, and now the tire is like 70% good and 30% bad( of course the 30% bad is on the inside 3-4 inches )

tire tread looks like this( x=tread, - = bald )

|XXxxxxxxx----|
|XXxxxxxxx----|
|XXxxxxxxx----|
|XXxxxxxxx----|
|XXxxxxxxx----|

ok...so i was told by the tire dude that i need new tires, and then id need an alignment cause my tires were dangerous and the alignment will fix the uneven tire wear. so i got new tires, and took it to the dealer to get aligned to factory specs( everything is stock on it besides the new rims/tires ) and the dealer says everythign is aligned right, and that i might need new springs and shocks. the ride feels tight to me, so i dont know if i agree with him. do you guys think this is the right solution? new springs and shocks? should i go with aftermarket? like tokico shocks and eibach springs? will i need a camber kit then too?

all i really want is to have straight wheels!!!

thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
A lot of supra owners have problems with uneven tire wear with the stock specifications. Most people who have used Lance's alignment specs have had good results. You can find his specs at www.mkiv.com in the tech articles. The problem is finding a good shop that will do the alignment according to these specs. Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts