Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I did a search.

I recently picked up a 1993.5 Anthracite Auto and have begun cleaning everything up and going over the car with a fine toothed comb etc. I noticed that the passenger side wheel gap was more then the driver's side and took a few measurements. Seems that the driver's side fender is approx 1 inch lower to the ground then the passenger's side fender. Obviously this isn't right. All looks good as far as the suspension-no bent parts etc, so I took the liberty to measure the heighths of the springs. This explains it-the driver's side measured at 8.5 inches compressed (as the car sits) and the passenger measured at 9 inches compressed.

Is it common for the stock springs to sag after a lot of miles? The car has 98k miles on it and is 10 years old. I also planned on replacing these items anyways, very soon, but wanted to get other's opinions. Is there anything else I need to check?

Thanks in advance,

Steve K.

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Yes i have seen it on some Supras....and on mine it sagged on drivers side as well .....i have 100K so i replaced with all new stock springs and struts and all was good again . Car rode totally different. And the stock springs and stuts are imho very cheap. So you are fine....just have worn out springs and struts.

Tony

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help Tony. That is what I figured. It also explains why the car rides like total [email protected] too.

Steve K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts