Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These can be purchased by calling us at 770-777-4774 or ordering on our webstore here:
http://www.speedforsale.com/suprapa...ucts_id=111&osCsid=gl33a8gpg5rs0sbu41jp9sih51

Megan Racing Fully Adjustable Coilovers (adjustable ride height by threaded shock body, spring pre-load, and 32-way shocks, with bushings/aluminum mounts.)

We also now offer DIFFERENT SPRING RATES for this coilover kit (8kg, 10kg, 12kg, 14kg, and soon 18kg) for an additional $95 per pair! We also offer shock rebuilding for $99 each. We are Megan Racing's leading Supra parts distributor, and will beat ANY competitor's price on these coilovers (or downpipes, strut bars, or anything else they sell!) Don't be fooled by the low price - these coilovers are made by the same company that made the Apex-i N1 Coilovers and also come with a one-year warranty! These Megan Racing coilovers have adjustable 32-way adjustable shocks, adjustable spring pre-load, and adjustable ride height by the threaded shock body. We have installed several of these coilover kits with absolutely ZERO problems. In addition to the pictures below, here are some pictures of these coilovers we installed on a Josh Bounds' ('NOob1e' here on SupraForums) 1998 Supra Twin Turbo, along with his comments/testimonial about the quality of the coilovers: CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES AND INFO!
The beautiful thing about these coilovers is that even though the spring rates are fairly aggressive, with the front shocks on setting 24 firm and the rear on setting 16 firm they actually ride VERY smooth compared to other brands and feel almost stock on decent roads, but have very little flex through the corners! In other words, these coilovers won't jar your teeth loose but will still perform wonderfully through the corners! We can provide you with references of customers we have installed these kits for that can attest for the good ride quality. Check out the pictures below to see some detailed photos we took of them...you will notice they come with the same features as other coilover kits that cost over twice as much (HKS, TEIN FLEX, etc.)

Features:
- - PEAK Spring Rates: 784 lb/in (14kg) Front and 559 lb/in (10kg) Rear. Also available are 8kg, 10kg, 12kg, 14kg, and soon 18kg. We do not recommend going less that 12kg in the front, and no more than 14kg in the rear due to the shock's being built for that range. We also offer a 6kg rear drag spring which you can find here in our store.
- Shocks have 32 Levels of Adjustable Damper:
1-8: Suggested for track use.
9-16: Suggested for mountain/aggressive use.
17-32: Suggested for common street use.
- Aluminum Upper Mounts/hats
- Rubber Dust Covers
- Stiff lower bushings
- Adjustable Ride Height using the shock body without affecting spring pre-load
- Aggressive Spring Rates with adjustable spring pre-load
- Single-Cylinder Design
- Aluminum Brackets
- All coilover damper kits come with 1 year manufacture-defect warranty
- All Hardware is Included including collar adjustment wrenches, new nuts, etc

Featuring 32 Levels of damper force adjustment, full-height adjustment, these damper kits are then perfectly matched with front and rear aluminum upper mounts. The adjustment of the damper is as simple as can be with a built-in knob at the top of the damper mount for easy access - no special tools required! Simple adjustments can be made to tune to your style of driving and comfort level desired. Single-Adjustable dampers make suspension adjustments easy to tune whether you’re a professional mechanic or an automotive enthusiast with amateur mechanical skills.
The height adjustment is made easy with CNC-Machined locking perches for accuracy and smooth adjustment. You can raise your car up to factory height for OEM appearance with performance handling or you can drop your car all the way down for a formal racetrack and an aggressive stance lowering your center of gravity to gain full potential of your car’s handling capabilities.
The quality and durability of the Megan Racing Damper kits are unmatched. Made of extremely durable Steel and featuring springs that are constructed of SAE-9254 Cold-Wound Steel which are then tested over 500,000 times by compression inspection. With deformation less than 5% and high strength sophisticated surface coating, we stand by our product with a strong one year warranty.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
How many sets do you have available?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any feedback on the ride quality from "personal" use? how does it compare to say tein flex?... thanks
I don't fully understand your question, but if by 'personal' you are asking for 3rd party/individual feedback, you can find several bits of feedback on the Megan's quality from individuals (and contact them via email for feedback if you like) on our feedback page here:

http://www.speedforsale.com/pages.php?vid=165

Also, as noted above, you can PM 'NOob1e' here on the forum, as he had one of the first sets of these coilovers we installed when they were released over a year ago. If the search feature worked on here, you could find plenty of positive 3rd party feedback on these coilovers in different coilover discussion threads!

If that's not what you meant, disregard ;)

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
Jeremy,
Is there a way to swap the rear spring out for softer ones? original is 10kg I would like 8kg for drag.

thanks,
John

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeremy,
Is there a way to swap the rear spring out for softer ones? original is 10kg I would like 8kg for drag.

thanks,
John

Yes :) We also now offer DIFFERENT SPRING RATES for this coilover kit (6kg, 8kg, and 12kg) for an additional $85 per pair of springs

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you think the springs front tein coilover would work with the Megan coilover?
Not sure, sorry. Obviously for safety and liability, I'd go ahead and say it's probably not a good idea to interchange different companies' springs, but who knows...

·
Registered
952 Posts
I purchased these from JeremyBlackwell a few months ago, awesome seller :bigok:

These coilover is the best bang for the buck hands down. Notice a big difference and having the adjustability of the threaded body is awesome. No regret on my end so far.

·
Registered
222 Posts
just wondering... how much do these lower the car??

You can lower the car about as low as you will be able to go with any wheels and tires on the car. Jeremy had mine slammed on stockers at first which was funny to see.

I had nothing bad to say about these coilovers and I will have to agree they are the "best bang for the buck" out there. Jeremy and I had found a setting for both front and back that felt like stock but still gave me an edge in the corners, if I could go back and get coilovers again, I would get the same set.

Josh

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are fully adjustable as noted earlier...you can lower them to the point that the tires will sit on the inner fenders, or raise it up a good inch or two HIGHER than stock. You can put the ride height wherever you want.

And yea, Josh's car was one of the first ones we installed these on over a year ago, and the initial setting was a bit low ;) Thankfully they are easy to adjust the ride height on quickly, so we made a minor adjustment and you can see the stance his car has in the picture above in my first post (the white '98)

1 - 20 of 157 Posts