Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, hope you are all well and healthy
has anyone used the Sard 650's with their Infinity 6 ?
its not listed in the injector tab, and i don't want to chose any 650 cc in their , i guess i need to write the dead times and flow rates , but here is the main question- i can not find any info on the Sard (denso) website, is anyone using these ?

When i was on my greddy piggy, it was listed in their but going stand alone ( AEM infinity) , cant seem to get it dialed in

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm in a similar boat - will be putting in Sard 800's with a Haltech Elite 2500 ecu. Same deal, need the specs for them. Stuff I've found online doesn't all match up.
Was thinking about sending them out for a refresh and to have them mapped - got them used from a member, been sitting a couple of years.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The haltech doesn't have the Sards in the menu? i thought it did, on the sard website, there is a listing for dead times and all, but not enough info, they are made by Denso , im sure you know that.. but there are variations of nozzle patterns as well, which also dictates the spray pattern and the amount of fuel at given trigger points.. let me know if you find something , that understandable , and ill do the same

·
Registered
644 Posts
Come to think of it - what's a good place for getting these refreshed and mapped ? I remember looking into it a couple of years ago, but don't remember who I looked at. Senility is great - you can hide your own easter eggs.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
It would behoove you to purchase name brand injectors (Injector Dynamics/Fuel Injector Clinic) with all of the proper injector characterizations. Its extremely important on volumetric efficiency fuel models. Otherwise you are just chasing your tail.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I feel like there are so many fake Denso and Sard injectors floating around. It would be nice if we could get some drop in high impedance injectors from a reputable distributor.

·
Super Moderator
10,040 Posts
The Sard 650's and Sard 800's honestly suck for their sizes as far as consistency and control at low and high duty cycles. Because they were largely a JDM market offering and overwhelmingly replaced even in that market, I am not surprised at all that modern ECU's don't bother with their data.

The GReddy Emanage had the data because of the Japanese market focus, and even there I'm surprised they still bothered.

As CWTT alluded to - guessing on injector specs with modern ECU's is a great way to get miserable results no matter how much tuning time or expertise is applied everywhere else.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as real or fake, i would never know, but i guess i trust, RHD Japan, which is where i purchased them from.
But then again, I have used Bosch and RC Engineering fuel components throughout the past 20+ years, starting from my z31, z32, grand national and others... I will start looking into drop in injectors, or even if i have to upgrade the fuel rail i will, i gotta get the motor in a normal running condition first.

·
Super Moderator
10,040 Posts
As far as real or fake, i would never know, but i guess i trust, RHD Japan, which is where i purchased them from.
But then again, I have used Bosch and RC Engineering fuel components throughout the past 20+ years, starting from my z31, z32, grand national and others... I will start looking into drop in injectors, or even if i have to upgrade the fuel rail i will, i gotta get the motor in a normal running condition first.
There is absolutely nothing good about side feed injectors of any kind. Everything overwhelmingly went back to top feed for a reason.

Unless there is some kind of crazy in-depth vehicle inspection that requires the original fuel rail in order to pass, there is absolutely zero fucking good reason to stay with the side feed rail.

Also, modern Bosch EV14 based injectors are wildly superior in consistency, spray pattern, and control precision across the board vs any of the 'old school' SARD/Denso etc side feeds or 60x11mm top feeds. Modern injectors are seriously one of the best places to spend some money after good engine management.

Dude, I hate to say it, but between your transmission woes, tach woes, etc - you've found the much more expensive path by trying to be a little too cheap. I used to beat the shit out of my budget and my own patience by doing that to myself.
I started making real progress when I admitted to myself that I'm pissing up a rope and just sold off all the half-measures and sorta-okay stuff at a loss, and bought the new and actually correct stuff I needed.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I get it, the first reason, was to see how far i can push the oe components, and using drop in, bolt on upgrades, but i did go all out on the motor itself and the turbos, so which injectors do you recommend? i know its been covered a million times, but since we have it open here, do i need to replace my fuel rail ? I'm assuming yes, and which injectors ? HP will be from 600-700 ...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Forget SARD, they are nothing more than a drilled out injector with a terrible spray pattern. They are known to leak past their seals & frequently show disparate flow rates.

·
Stock Twins King
4,450 Posts
I had those exact injectors 15 years ago. They were absolutely terrible. I tired every way to get the car to drive half way decent and eventually just removed them. There is some beauty to use a OEM style side feed injector but I havent ever found one that does the job

1 - 13 of 13 Posts