Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I need a 6 speed
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was waondering if anyone has satellite radio in their car yet, and if you do how do you like it. I heard that for like $9 a month and $300 headunit you get 100+ crystal clear channells of commercial free music. I may be wrong, but I think there is only one company offering service currently, but another one is coming online in the near future. I think this will really be the way to go once there is some competition for service, it should only get cheaper and better as time goes on.

·
Registered
442 Posts
There are only 2 companies XM Satellite service (XMSR IN NASDAC) and Sirius staellite service (SIRI)

Xm is out and running the receiver box is generally around $249-279 retail BUT you also need an antenna for either roof mount ($79) or glass mount ($99). NOW you think you would be done but no. You still need a receiver that is XM compatible, Like the new alpine's and pioneers. which would be additional depending on your taste. UNLESS you do an FM mod pioneers xm receiver which I believe is gex-fm903xm ($250) + antenna

Sirius is scheduled for later this quarter 02. But thair servive will be $12.95/ months versus $9.95 w/XM And sirius is not supported by all aftermarket manufacturers, Other than Panasonic and kenwood which only have 1 models to support the lines so far, I might be wrong on the models.

Hope this helps

Nazar

·
Registered
639 Posts
XM

Alpine and other companies now have 'kits' that you can run into existing stereos using RF modulator type deal... The Alpine XM part is only $199 and I am not sure but I think that is antenna and all... That is the one I have for my Supra, just waiting for CRA1667RF modulator/Ai-net interface to be released next month to integrate!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts