Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my friend told me that there's a manual that documents every step to swap a 2JZ-GTE in to the Lexus SC300. I was wondering if any of you guys know where I can get ahold of it? I'm thinking it would be REALLY helpful for guys who wants to do the N/A -> TT swap.

I

·
0 Posts
soarer 300 said:
There's not such a manual.
Unless it was a scam, it does exist. The author posted info about it on the MKIV list sometime this summer. His car was a white SC300. The manual is in Acrobat format and he was selling it for $30. I searched through the ENTIRE archive of posts from May-August and didn't find it. Once again, it could have been a scam, google searches are just as unsuccessful. I would like information on it either way, though.

·
0 Posts
There is a manual. They guy who made it was from Hawaii. He did a full TT swap on a SC300 and documented it all. The manual copyright was sold and is for sale for $200 a copy. I don't have it, buy I saw a demo of it and it looked very clean and very detail.

Click this link to view the site that sells the manual.http://www.fly-hawaii.com/lexustt/details.htm

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
Phil seems to know his stuff; he's an almost regular poster at clublex

i still haven't talked to anyone that bought the manual; but the info on the wiring itself would be the biggest thing; it tells you how to adopt your stock wiring harness to the 2jz-gte instead of yanking the whole damn thing out... so all you need is the 2jz-gte long block and ECU

·
Supra Huntin
39 Posts
seen this manual in person

a friend of mine bought this manual, and it is pretty detailed, but what my friend said is that its mainly about this guys car, and maybe 10 pages of actuall useful info.

my buddy did the entire swap tho, motor, kniv wiring, 6-spd, redid the tunnel and everything, its a pretty sweet damn BPU SC 300.

·
Boost Dealer
981 Posts
I'd like to know about the 10 pages of useful stuff :cool:.

Jeff

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does the manual mention anything about the tunnel? I heard that the '95 SC300s have a bigger tunnel than the earlier years. How involved is it to make the tunnel on the earlier years fit the 6sp transmission? Also, I've heard that in order for the swap to be legal, the motor must be either of same year or newer than the car is goes into. Any truth to that? Thanks.

Ken

S

·
0 Posts
I did the swap using that manual The Ultimate Lexus by Phil A. and it I can say is sertainly useful. The wiring is all you really need from the manual unless you have no idea what you are doing than other areas of the manual could be useful as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Also, the tunnels I do not believe are different amongst the years for what reason would they be different. Also Phil sold his car, he doesnt live in Hawaii anymore and the manual, while sertainly worth the price, does have a couple of very slight errors in it but no real stumbling blocks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts