Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this Saturday I am going to check out a couple of SC300's, A few of them are high mileage I was wondering to do a 2jz-gte swap what would I need to change specifically and is it harder on a SC

Or should I go with a low mileage SC and just install a Turbo kit

Tnx

G

·
I would go with a nice clean low mileage sc in good condition. To me, they are one of the sweetest looking cars on the road. If just feels good to own and be in a nice clean car like that. You can save up for a 2jz later. Then you'll have a nice sc300. If you get the cheap Sc you'll regret it. You got to have to spend money to make it right and you'll have to live with the worn leather interior, suspension, paint, blah.

I think the swap is pretty simply if you can get the harness for the 2jzgte. All you need to do is take out your old engine and and tranny and replace it with a 2jzgte. Pull the harness inside and use the supra TT ecu. Get the throttle cable then follow Phils wiring diagram, or go to clublexus and ask about the wiring. The engine goes right in, theres no need to fabricate a subframe, no any need to modify the tranny tunnel. An I think you would also need to use the TT fuel pump. And you'll have a badass ride with no cops to harass you since you are in a lexus. You'll get a longer wheel base for better traction at launches and stuff and you'll be able to run two muffler off the back to cut down on the exhaust loudness tremendously.

I would not think about spending money on to make it na-t

·
Broke college student
34 Posts
you need, engine and tranny crossmembers, Supra TT motormounts, a whole bunch of lines, and a good mechanic.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Don't know what's all involved in the SC swaps, but I'm very pleased with my NA to TT Swap. But it depends on how much you wanna spend and your goals.

I am actually thinking of finding an SC300 and just doing the Turbo Kit. I used to have an SC400 and it was the best car I've ever owned. They are VERY classy, and can be one helluva sleeper with a Turbo Kit or TT Conversion.

The Turbo Kit would be easier and probably less expensive.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
MrJohnTan said:
I may have what you are looking for. Its not turbo, but the mileage is low for a socal car. Let me know if youre interested.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1066098

It funny how the SC300's are sometimes more expensive than the 400's. I sold my 95 SC400 last year for only $7900. But it had 153,000 miles on it, and that thing would still get up and move.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
there was a member not too long ago on here selling a blk/blk 97 5spd. i wish i could have bought it, it may even still be for sale

i want the SC3-GTE......

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
I found me a good solid SC300. AWESOME interior, good paint (some small area's) Never wrecked (that I can see) and good running. Purchased it in Janurary with 139,000 on the clock and I am about to hit 150,000. The mileage is fine with this car. Doors do not sag and EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT, well except the damn ac condenser... doooph . I am happy as hell. I love the black interior (the tan looks so nice but I like the black better)

I am doing my GTE swap in the next month or so. Getting all of the parts together right now.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
godelfer said:
I found me a good solid SC300. AWESOME interior, good paint (some small area's) Never wrecked (that I can see) and good running. Purchased it in Janurary with 139,000 on the clock and I am about to hit 150,000. The mileage is fine with this car. Doors do not sag and EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT, well except the damn ac condenser... doooph . I am happy as hell. I love the black interior (the tan looks so nice but I like the black better)

I am doing my GTE swap in the next month or so. Getting all of the parts together right now.

Good luck.
Ooooh, Black on Black SC's. Very Rare. (is yours black?)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts