Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I am looking into getting a SC300 I was wondering how hard it is to change the clutch on a man. Trans and if I should just go would an auto.

Tnx

G

·
Pretty much the same thing as changing the clutch on an NA. Takes maybe a full day to do the entire job your first time. But its not bad at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just a FYI but if i chang it myself im going to jack tha car up and do it in my drive way, is there any problems this will bring up?

Tnx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What about tha NA-T or should i just do a complite TT swap? i heard that motors form china and japan only have about 30g'z milz on them is this true?

Tnx

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If you have the cahs the full TT swap is a better alternative. However, I would have to advise the stick over auto if you plan on laing down the power. Allways more apt to stand higher power.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Forget the NA-T! Do it right the first time and go for the TT. Too many times have I seen people go the NA-T route just to later kick their own ass wishing they saved the time and money and did it right the first time around. Changing the clutch is a piece of cake on the SC. It's just those damn bellhousing bolts on top that are sometimes a PITA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I was looking at turbo kits and there around 5g's but a JDM TT engin waring harness w/o trans r around 3-4g'z + install, whitxh would be a better route?

Tnx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts