Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just purchased a 1995 SC300 - Automatic. I'm looking for opinions on what kits/components I should get. The goal is 700+rwhp, street driven and maybe once in a while bring it to the track. I want to do this right the first time - so cost isn't really a major concern.

I look forward to your suggestions and comments.

-B

·
Registered
153 Posts
I want to do the same thing trying to talk my boy into letting me get his sc300 off of him he gave me a price then the next day I said something about it and now he's acting like now he doesn't want to sell it. I don't want to do as much power as you are looking for if I go turbo. Do they make a supercharger kit for that application. If so how much power can you get with that.

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Why is it that ever new owner of either a SC or supra wants 700rwhp. You guys do realize how much power that is right? I'm guessing the large majority of folks who want those kind of numbers have never been in a car anywhere CLOSE to that.

Contantly running C16, or a huge fucking huffer + meth (laaaaaag)...yeah, sounds like fun for a street car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1997 Black Hardtop Supra
643 Posts
Its so easy to say I want I want.... Do you even know how much its going to cost for your car to safely handle over 500 rwhp? Maybe a little bit of research and a little IQ will help you out.. Yes I want 1000 hp and I want it for 100$ ... Th400 on a standard set up is going to cost you around 4000$ on its own if your doing the labor! try around 5500-6000 for it installed lol.. Thats just the tranny!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MadMaxx said:
Why is it that ever new owner of either a SC or supra wants 700rwhp. You guys do realize how much power that is right? I'm guessing the large majority of folks who want those kind of numbers have never been in a car anywhere CLOSE to that.
I appreciate your input - but your guess is pretty fugazzi. I've been in many, many 700rwhp+ cars so this is nothing new to me. Why pick 700whp? Because I'm not convinced the 2JZ-GE with a 2.5 or 3mm head gasket can hold more then that. I haven't seen proof yet. So until I do, then that's the target I'm shooting for, for now. The goal of the build is to not change out the stock pistons and rods unless it's completely necessary.

Guys, I appreciate the input and comments. Please keep them coming!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SupraSpeed4u said:
Its so easy to say I want I want.... Do you even know how much its going to cost for your car to safely handle over 500 rwhp? Maybe a little bit of research and a little IQ will help you out.. Yes I want 1000 hp and I want it for 100$ ... Th400 on a standard set up is going to cost you around 4000$ on its own if your doing the labor! try around 5500-6000 for it installed lol.. Thats just the tranny!
Is this directed to me?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
I'd swap in a VQ35 and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
F taxes - I offer protection.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
ravaz said:
I appreciate your input - but your guess is pretty fugazzi. I've been in many, many 700rwhp+ cars so this is nothing new to me. Why pick 700whp? Because I'm not convinced the 2JZ-GE with a 2.5 or 3mm head gasket can hold more then that. I haven't seen proof yet. So until I do, then that's the target I'm shooting for, for now. The goal of the build is to not change out the stock pistons and rods unless it's completely necessary.

Guys, I appreciate the input and comments. Please keep them coming!
We made 720rwhp on a SC with just a headgasket a few months ago. Email me at [email protected] and I can setup a quote for you so you can have a rough idea of what a project of this magnitude entails.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
racing fan said:
We made 720rwhp on a SC with just a headgasket a few months ago...
Come on Zohair, that's a bit of a stretch... ;)

From Chris' thread on the Dyno Forum regarding the sc300 project you referenced:

"...
Boostlogic T71 NA turbo kit
Boostlogic NA dual pump fuel system
Boostlogic (pending) SC300 exhaust system
Boostlogic crank damper
AEM 1101 ECU/HKS DLI/AEM wideband
Blitz SBC-iD/Defi guages

Stock bottom end/2.5 Boostlogic headgasket
Ported and polished head/stock valves
Boost Logic 264 cams
Crower Valve Springs/Retainers
..."

That's easily over $10k in mods excluding labor which is quite a bit more than "just a headgasket". And my guess is that you had the best tuner in the country (Justin N.) squeezing every bit of timing and fuel to get those numbers.

I like you guys at BL; you do stellar work. But please put all your cards on the table when promoting your product. :)

Thanks,
-scott

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
motorheaddown said:
Come on Zohair, that's a bit of a stretch... ;)

From Chris' thread on the Dyno Forum regarding the sc300 project you referenced:

"...
Boostlogic T71 NA turbo kit
Boostlogic NA dual pump fuel system
Boostlogic (pending) SC300 exhaust system
Boostlogic crank damper
AEM 1101 ECU/HKS DLI/AEM wideband
Blitz SBC-iD/Defi guages

Stock bottom end/2.5 Boostlogic headgasket
Ported and polished head/stock valves
Boost Logic 264 cams
Crower Valve Springs/Retainers
..."

That's easily over $10k in mods excluding labor which is quite a bit more than "just a headgasket". And my guess is that you had the best tuner in the country (Justin N.) squeezing every bit of timing and fuel to get those numbers.

I like you guys at BL; you do stellar work. But please put all your cards on the table when promoting your product. :)

Thanks,
-scott
lol... I certainly didn't mean to say the only mod was a headgasket but I was simply reffering to his post stating he was convinced the 2jzge would make over 700 with just a headgasket:)

I will say this particualr SC300 has WELL over 10k in parts... and please contact me for more specific pricing:)

G

·
hi guys...i buy a sc300 and i don't now...if i make a swap(1jzgte)or put all the money in the 2jzge.....recomendation

1 - 20 of 21 Posts