Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boost controller limited me to 25psi on dyno. It will make more on the street, just not the dyno. Either way I am happy for the boost to HP ratio through the bone stock auto. New boost controller and I will be well on my way to 600whp....

Just wanted to give heads up.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Congrats, did you get a higher stall converter yet ? Are you at all worried about the tranny at this power level ?

·
Boost Junkie
12,740 Posts
The trans will take that abuse on the dyno and on the street occasionally, but I highly recommend a built auto/high stall. The difference is amazing, believe me, I just did this about 2 months ago.

You'll lose a bit of power on the dyno, but more than make up for it with area under the curve where it matters-on the street and at the track.

Great numbers man!

Steve

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trust me I know my trans days are numbered. I have a PI 3200 right now and plan on installing with another trans in a week or so. I drive the car a lot so I did not want a bigger converter than that. I commute 40 miles to work every day (80 miles round trip) The car makes good boost down low as well as good torque down low. I think the 3200 will be a good compliment. I decided to sacrifice a bit of track e/t for driveability.

BTW I have 4 spare trans at my disposal right now. I only plan on running 450whp on street, then high boost and straight race gas for track. I fully expect to blow a couple up. I am just nervous on spending 1500 to 3000 on a built trans to have it blow up and be assed out on the money.

Who built your trans? How much do you like it (forgive me if I have asked you this before)

Part of the reason I dont have the stall in the car yet is I wanted to see how much power I could put down on the dyno before hand. I was hoping to break 600 but the boost controller gods deemed otherwise. What really gets me is that it will get rock solid 29psi on the street, while only 25 maybe 26psi on dyno. I am sure it is over 600 on the street. It pulls real hard.

·
Registered
424 Posts
with the 61, how much boost does it take to get 450rwhp through that trans? Im building an na-t car with AEM and I plan to run 300rwhp with the stock na tranny then upgrade the tranny and run 450rwhp all on pump gas as its my daily driver sc300 as well.

·
Boost Junkie
12,740 Posts
With the stock stall I made 482whp through the MAF at 18psi with a 63mm and stock cams. I made 533whp with the stock stall at 23psi through the MAF with that same set up.

I then upgraded to a 67mm, added HKS 264/256 cams, the built trans (Boostlogic) and a 3800 PI/MW converter and made 525whp at 23psi and 585whp at 29psi through the MAF. The slippage of the 3800 stall converter cost me some whp on the dyno, but you shouldn't have that problem too badly with a 3200.

I love the Boostlogic trans and highly recommend it. This weekend I slapped on the MT street radials and skinnies and did some high boost pulls from 10mph or so and it was simply amazing. I would have to guess the car will run low, low 10s because of its weight and area under the curve.

If you are going to drag race your car you are going to kill that stock trans quickly. You'll also run much better times with a built trans due to the quick shifting.

Steve K.

·
Registered
424 Posts
good info steve

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SVTdubs said:
with the 61, how much boost does it take to get 450rwhp through that trans? Im building an na-t car with AEM and I plan to run 300rwhp with the stock na tranny then upgrade the tranny and run 450rwhp all on pump gas as its my daily driver sc300 as well.
With the Maf gone and Map ECU it made 450whp at 16 to 17psi with A/C on (found little or no difference with it on, and it was hot as hell in the shop.

Danny

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I missed if you said this was a GTE or GE engine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts