Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy wants to get an sc but doesn't know which one is the better car performance wise and for a daily driver. We know the sc400 has the v8 but is it really that much faster or not that big of a deal? Any input on the pros and cons comparing the two against each other is appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Champagne Papi
5,701 Posts
V8 is 4.0L. If he wants performance let him slap on a turbo kit on the Sc 300. It's still a 2jz-Ge meaning n/a performance can hook you up with a good deal :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
PaKmaN said:
V8 is 4.0L. If he wants performance let him slap on a turbo kit on the Sc 300. It's still a 2jz-Ge meaning n/a performance can hook you up with a good deal :bigthumb:
NAPerformance** :)

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
If it's planning on leaving it stock...go with the 400, it's a much better cruising car and has a LITTLE bit more get-up-and-go to it. Not stock? 300 all the way, and talk to Kevin ;)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would say it depends if hes planning to leave it stock or not. I had both cars before, so stock, go for the 400. If its gonna be modified 300. Theres also 5 spd 300, so that could be a option.

·
SELOC Co-Founder
281 Posts
pefy said:
My buddy wants to get an sc but doesn't know which one is the better car performance wise and for a daily driver. We know the sc400 has the v8 but is it really that much faster or not that big of a deal? Any input on the pros and cons comparing the two against each other is appreciated. Thanks :)
SC 400 depends on year for times but on average a full second quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile auto to auto. A SC 300 helps some but still no match for the V-8.

If you plan to leave stock and he wants an auto, the SC 400 is a wonderful car. The SC 300 is no slouch but does not have the grunt of the V-8.
Bascially the SC 300 did with 225hp and lbs torque. The SC 400 had 250hp, then 260hp, then 290hp, depending on year.
SC 400 has larger brakes as well.

·
SlowV8
663 Posts
You don't have to stay stock with the 400.
There are lots of development going on for the 1UZFE motor.

Here's a twin turbo SC400 in Illinois with around 400 horsepower.
It was a custom job that wasn't all that expensive either.
It utilizes small snails from MR2.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Ya, there's actually a couple twin and single turbo projects going on at clublexus.com.

Chrono- what mods are done to your SC, list in sig is a bit too small. Any more pics to post up?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I owned an 1995 SC400 for 3 years. Actually just sold it last summer. I would go with the SC400 if it was stock. And there are some FI Kits for the SC400 now. I loved that car. Best car I ever owned. Black on Black.

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts