Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a 98' supra turbo for sale on ebay for $2900. How easy is it for scammers to get away on ebay? Since I already bought a supra and many hours on the computer I think this is a fake car or a very rare find. If it were a rare find it would probably be gone by now right? It is a very clean looking supra and a clean title, what do you guys think? Help please.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys didn't want to do a search because I was hoping someone else new a little more about the same add.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Ya, if it's a quicksilver 98 TT, then there was a thread just last week about it. Totally a scam. In fact, one of the previous owners of the car even posted in the thread because he knew it wasn't for sale at all.

There are deals out there. Dude just bought an auto TT for $13k. It had damage, and wasn't in great condition...but it was $7k under typical prices. For a 98 TT in good shape, you'd be lucky to find anything under $30k.

PS: Welcome to the forum!

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
joey9576 said:
Thanks guys didn't want to do a search because I was hoping someone else new a little more about the same add.
Next time search.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
InvisibleMonkey said:
^ i never said with no reserve

let me rephrase:
what's wrong with putting a MKIV up for sale on ebay WITH a reserve starting at $2900?
Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, of the three 98 Supras currently for sale on ebay, only one looks to be the fraud one that's been the topic of too much wasted bandwidth lately. The one that's likely referenced in this thread is item # 4650741153. It looks a lot more legit and it does have a reserve on it. Is likely to be a $50k car though, so if someone can take it home for cheap...more power to them.

I'd put more useful information here about what to look for with scams, but the same person likely to post "is this a scam" is also highly unlikely to have done any search before posting anyway.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
VicTT said:
you snooze you loooooze! i purchased it for the buy it now price of $2900!!! buahahaaa
He lies I bought it. I want to sell it now though. Just pm me and we can work out the $1500 Western Union transfer, k?

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
bonz said:
He lies I bought it. I want to sell it now though. Just pm me and we can work out the $1500 Western Union transfer, k?
LOL Yeah I just bought a 98 Quicksilver for 40K, but I had to go back to Italy and the car is in AZ. I'm selling the car for 2900. A guy that owes me money in the US will send you a check for 50K and you send me back the rest via Western Union. Deal?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts