Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this supra on ebay but it does not have the chrome TT wheels and does not show any engine bay photos. says its a STOCK 6 spd turbo but nothing leads me to believe that it even has turbos on it. is there any way to tell other than the chrome wheels and engine if it is a real turbo or not, i thought i rememebered someone saying you can look at the shifter to tell if it was a 5 or 6 speed. would carfax let you know? does anyone have carfax that could help me out? i am getting a supra for graduation, preferably black 6spd and this one has low miles and is very clean and a fair price. here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4545001513&category=6447#ebayphotohosting

·
Still Sportin' the Twins
245 Posts
Not all turbo Supras had chromed stock wheels. Silver came stock on most. You can tell the difference between the 17" turbo wheels and the 16" NA wheels, though there is no guarantee the wheels are original. Yes, NA's have 5 speed manuals and turbos have 6 speeds. Also turbo brakes are a good indication. That said, the pictures in the link look authentic and pretty nice...

David

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
hmm... i can't really see the reverse lockout ring on the shift knob (that's how you tell if it's a 6 speed or not).

Just ask him for pictures of the engine bay, as well as one of the shifter.

I bought my car off of e-bay if that matters....( I'm still finding random shit from the previous owners)

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
well, I'm not that good at distinguishing between the two, but here are other clues that could lead to figuring out what it is....

5spd n/a vs 6spd TT...- If you look hard you can tell the shifters are different

-The exhausts have different tips, I believe.

Just check out the vin on a carfax... By me guessing right now,-- I say its a real TT.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ive made an offer on that Supra, owner accepted it pending making sure its ok to pull the auction with her husband, supposed to be picking it up this weekend :) Waiting for a call back from the owner sometime this afternoon. It is legit though. Shes selling it to get a 911.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
congradulations SSmkiv, looks like you won a beautiful car. the pics make it look phenominal. price was a little higher than my budget anyways but that car looks so clean and the miles are pretty low. anyways, thanks for the quick responses guys but looks like this one isnt for me anyways.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Thank, the price I had to agree for her to accept it is a good bit higher (several thousand dollars) than what the auction is at right now anyways, I asked her what it would take to pull the auction and I'll pick up the car this weekend, and she gave me a price and I accepted it. Its not sold YET though since the car isnt in my garage, but I should know something for sure sometime this afternoon. She says she doesnt see why her husband would have a problem with pulling the auction since I offered what they want to get for the car, but you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts