Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jeff Watson and I, and possibly a 3rd driver, will be driving Jeff's white BPU Supra race car at Texas World Speedway in a 6-hour Endurance race this Saturday.

It's not -officially- a spectator event, but we can get you in as crew.. and if you're interested in helping out as crew, we'd be glad to accept any and all help too! :D

Registration Saturday Morning starts at 7am. Practice and Qualifying is from 8:15 to 9:30. The Endurance race Grids at 10:30 and officially starts at 10:45... going until 4:45.

If you think you might be able to come, either to watch or to help out... email me and/or give Jeff Watson a call. I'm at [email protected] . Jeff Watson can be reached during business hours at work.... I'm sure most of you already have him on speed dial like I do but if you don't.... it's 1-800-327-2087. While you've got him on the phone, buy some parts. Heh.

TWS is 5 miles south of College Station, TX on Highway 6. It's just over 3 hours from Dallas and just over an hour from Houston. Here is the address of the track so you can Mapquest it:
17529 State Highway 6 S
College Station, TX 77845-8465

It's a FUN track and you get a SWEET view of the racing from the infield.....

BTW...... Here is what we're hoping to see again ;) ;)

(The pic above was taken when I took the SCCA Racing School at TWS two weekends ago... I used Jeff's Supra for the school.... and the pic above was in one of the races on the 2nd day of the school, when I passed about 15 cars on the outside at the green flag (kicked everybody's ass on reaction) and made for a great kodak moment... ;) ).

See y'all there! Wish us luck!

Later,
Andi

F

·
0 Posts
Hey Andi,

Looks like a cool car, does he have a website or anything with more info on it? That event looks fun, Id help you guys out if i was in the area. :)

Atleast out here in socal, to be legal for scca races a car needs a fuel cell (in addition to all the usual stuff).. does this car have one? I havent been able to find any supras with one to see how it was done...

Im not a huge fan of the scca, but for the last few months ive had the urge to run the supra in a WC race.... and id need to upgrade from the scca regional to pro license and id have to run a bunch of events..

-mike

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fleadh said:
Hey Andi,

Looks like a cool car, does he have a website or anything with more info on it? That event looks fun, Id help you guys out if i was in the area. :)

Atleast out here in socal, to be legal for scca races a car needs a fuel cell (in addition to all the usual stuff).. does this car have one? I havent been able to find any supras with one to see how it was done...

Im not a huge fan of the scca, but for the last few months ive had the urge to run the supra in a WC race.... and id need to upgrade from the scca regional to pro license and id have to run a bunch of events..

-mike
Mike,

Jeff used to be in the regional ITE class, but they recently bumped his car into SP. So he did put a fuel cell, full fuel system, etc in it.

We haven't taken pics of the fuel cell yet, we just barely finished getting the car together a few hours before my SCCA racing school two weekends ago (and when I say litereally... I mean we stayed up Friday night all night working on the car.. finished at 5:45am, had a coffee, and went to Texas World Speedway).

His website is:

http://www.cityscope.net/~jwatson/

Andi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts