Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autocross event happening at bremerton raceway for two days on 5/28 and 5/29.
Lots of entrants. Only two Mkiv's mine and some other guy.
Looks like fun to me. I can try out my Tein coilovers, titan anti-sway, and kumho ecsta tires.
It will be fun watching all the corvettes sliding around in the course. Lots of them are entered. Bunch of EVO's too. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Very cool...let us know how you do! Good luck! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Brian -- Careful of the vht in the rain!!!

Bremerton autox is usually packed, so you're lucky if you get 4 runs all day. :(
-Chris ...who will be building a fence and talking cars all weekend

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Event fun

Well Ok so I was there. It rained a little bit during registration (1130-1230pm).
I was assigned to help out on the track first. This consisted of setting back up cones for about two hours.
Then I got to go run some. Autocross is not very easy. I wish I had a stick instead of the auto for this. Even with staying in 2nd in manual mode I was still bogging down and not in the power band.
I entered in the novice section. A bunch of EVO's were in novice too. Some of them were obviously not "Novice". The People who autocross all the time were doing 45 seconds on the course. I got three runs my best time was 56 seconds. I had an instructor with me on every run. I think after about 10 runs I would have gotten my time below 50 seconds and been right in there with the pros. Each run I was figuring out the course better and getting my car up into the power band better. Not so easy with a automatic.
The EVO poeple there were all members of northwest EVO's. They were in the stack in front of me.
Plenty of Miatas, WRX's, Integra's. One of the coolest cars there was that new pontiac roadster.
The centralia video guy mentioned in other posts was there
Lots of waiting around because so many people were there. I saw that the regulars got a lot more runs then the newbies. That is probably normal with any club. Still I had fun!
Bremerton Sports car club was having practice on the road course on the other end. That looked like a lot of fun too.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Darkfred said:
I got three runs my best time was 56 seconds.
Two things:
1 - Good job on your first time! :)
2 - Going there for >2 hours and getting 3 minutes of track time is why I (and many other folks) don't autocross. I was just at the track last Monday and had ~3 hours of track time. ...and had a conversation with a couple folks about why we don't autox -- for just the reason I'm mentioning.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Darnit...that sounds a lot like drag racing in the sense that you get to wait around an awful lot for a few runs. Then, you get to analyze how you could have improved those runs, but are not given an opportunity to do it...until maybe the next event.

Still, very glad you had fun out there! :bigthumb:

Steve T.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Track time Where?

Where do you get track time that, Quick? Inquiring minds would like to know

·
Registered
941 Posts
Sounds like your guy's autoxs are way too busy down there. Its pretty rare that we get less then 7 runs in a day at the VCMC autoxs up here, and I have had as many as 10 in one day before. Although the per minute to dollar ratio is much better with track lapping days, it still costs significantly more per event, its alot harder on the car and I personally much prefer the intensity that autoxing offers. You might get only about 6 or 7 minutes of track time in overall at a day of autox, but each of those 45 or so second laps is pure balls to the wall, white knuckle, tire squealing fun while I find track days rather relaxing and more akin to a nice spirted drive on a twisty desolate road. Rarely do I feel bored at autoxes or feel like I'm just standing around waiting like at drag racing. While my heat is racing I'm always busy fiddling with the car or chatting with friends and when I`m working the course I`m often pretty busy at my station and again chatting with whomever else is working there.

Anyways, definitely sign up for the Suprafest Nationals autox when registration is live. I can pretty much guarentee that there will be at least 8 runs for the day and I am hoping for more, plus it will be almost all supras racing and the course and crew will all be working hard to customize this event to our needs and requirments. It should be a blast!

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Kickass, Seamus!

Btw, there's a definitive driving day down here July 3 -- will you be coming out? :)

Hope you're well.
-Chris

·
Registered
941 Posts
Whats a definitive driving day? A clubs track day I'm guessing. I'd love to but I doubt it will happen. I'd like to do the Inside lap in the fall though, if they do the whole course again.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Darkfred said:
The centralia video guy mentioned in other posts was there
Lots of waiting around because so many people were there. I saw that the regulars got a lot more runs then the newbies. That is probably normal with any club. Still I had fun!
Bremerton Sports car club was having practice on the road course on the other end. That looked like a lot of fun too.

That would me! It was fun, I had a blast especially riding in peoples car. :sadance:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts