Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email today about this SCCA event at Pocono. I went last year and it was very good so I'm going again. The track setup is pretty long for such events at Pocono and also high speed. Here's some blurbs from their forum:

Performance Driving eXperience (PDX) - June 16th & 17th
South Jersey, Philadelphia and N.E. Pennsylvania Regions, effectively known as “Tri-Region”, will host the 2nd annual PDX at Pocono International Raceway. Choose to run either one day ($250) or two days ($450) on the Pocono “Long” configuration. Instructors will be available for novice and intermediate groups. As more information becomes available it will be posted.

Check for more info and links here:

http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1358

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Looks interesting. Is the configuration the 2.5 course the web site shows? It uses a lot of the tri-oval with not so many turns off the oval! Should be pretty high speed.
Looks like a 1200 mile trip for me, but I can't make it for a while now. I'll be getting a new knee after Memorial Day and be immobile for a couple of months. The only reason they aren't putting me down is for the stud fees. :bigok: :gapteeth:

·
Registered
934 Posts
i ran the long course last year in my evo with PDA so hopefully SCCA will let me run in intermediate. i love this course....

last year a few supras embarassed themselves by showing off their straightline muscle then went off into the dirt lol. i hope i wont be one of them :)

P

·
0 Posts
mifesto said:
i ran the long course last year in my evo with PDA so hopefully SCCA will let me run in intermediate. i love this course....

last year a few supras embarassed themselves by showing off their straightline muscle then went off into the dirt lol. i hope i wont be one of them :)
It wasn't me, but usually, going off into the dirt is not so much an embarassment as it is evidence that one is pushing hard.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VickSupra said:
Looks interesting. Is the configuration the 2.5 course the web site shows? It uses a lot of the tri-oval with not so many turns off the oval! Should be pretty high speed.
Looks like a 1200 mile trip for me, but I can't make it for a while now. I'll be getting a new knee after Memorial Day and be immobile for a couple of months. The only reason they aren't putting me down is for the stud fees. :bigok: :gapteeth:
Good luck with the rehab, Lar. Are you going for a titanium knee to save weight? ;)

That is the track layout, Lar, as shown below which I cut from that link:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paul_c said:
It wasn't me, but usually, going off into the dirt is not so much an embarassment as it is evidence that one is pushing hard.

Hi Paul. How is your office project coming along? Are you thinking of doing this event? I expect that a nicely set up powerful single like yours would show very well in this venue.

...damn, "a few supras embarassed themselves"... it would be nice to even see a few supras out there. Over the last few years, I don't recall more than one other one being there the few times I was there. But I'm sure this year will be different and more of us will be out there enjoying the Supra's capabilities.

P

·
0 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
Hi Paul. How is your office project coming along? Are you thinking of doing this event? I expect that a nicely set up powerful single like yours would show very well in this venue.

...damn, "a few supras embarassed themselves"... it would be nice to even see a few supras out there. Over the last few years, I don't recall more than one other one being there the few times I was there. But I'm sure this year will be different and more of us will be out there enjoying the Supra's capabilities.
Hey Nick, I might be there. Got a lot going on with the new office. Plus I'm getting so excited about the NJ Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt). I'm member #17, and I have deposits on a villa and shadetree garage. You should think about becoming a member. Can't wait to watch Grand-Am and American Le Mans from my deck!

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
paul_c said:
Hey Nick, I might be there. Got a lot going on with the new office. Plus I'm getting so excited about the NJ Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt). I'm member #17, and I have deposits on a villa and shadetree garage. You should think about becoming a member. Can't wait to watch Grand-Am and American Le Mans from my deck!

I'll go look at the website and get updated on Thunderbolt and see if membership requires ownership or what the deal is. I doubt my family would like the idea of vacationing at the track so I don't think I could own a place there, but I'll see what it looks like and what I can make of it. But let me know if you have a race party ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've been out there with PDA in a BPU Auto (yes, auto) and my friend's T78 6spd. The long course is perfect for the Supra. Depending on your skill level (I'm an absolute beginner) you can get well into mid triple digit speeds on the oval and even touch 100mph between FS5 and FS3.

My friend with the T78 isn't a beginner and was surprised how much fun the course was even with the T78 spooling characteristics.

I'm not sure if I can make this event but I'll keep everyone posted.

-Ash
'93 SUPRA TT BPU

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
mifesto said:
:lol: Sometimes it's not showing off -- I had to run through the chicane at PIR last year (I cracked the rotors on the Supra that day).

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jam98tt said:
Well nick,if you don't mine i will tag along.

Erven, of course it would be real nice to have you come along whether you drive or not. Since you're tall and handsome, when I'm driving maybe you can take care of all the gorgeous babes who are usually at this event, they usually swarm all over the Supra guys, and then at the end of the day we can have wild wet crazy sex with them until our eyes pop out. As long as I'm home not too late :drool:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...just trying sex to sell the concept since it seems that most Supra owners don't seem interested in driving their cars on a road course

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great, way to go, bud. It's more fun than sex anyway ...sometimes ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts