Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother just got his car after waiting for 2 months even though the dealer said it would be 5 weeks. Its fully loaded, mp3 ipod connection, power everything, lowering struts/springs, TRD exhaust, Fog lights, spoiler, everything....oh yeah and its supercharged forgot to mention. First supercharged TC to leave the dealership karl malone toyota. Its Nautical blue rarest TC color made only 1.5% of TC's were made that color. Some specs are 15.1 seconds 1/4 mile, 0-60 in 7.2 even though it feels quicker. Around 200hp and 183 ft/lbs tq. Still breaking it in so he hasn't really got on the throttle but the service loaner TC he drove for a few days while he got his TC Supercharged chirpped the tires in 3rd gear and it wasn't s'charged. here are some pics:

thats my 9 second 240sx in the back... :bigthumb:

and my other bro's 7m mk2 sleeping in the driveway....

·
mises.org
711 Posts
Cool car, how is the warranty?

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
The Scion tC makes a great economy car for girls. Good gas mileage, FWD traction in the rain, and Toyota reliability. They are cute like a little bunny rabbit, too. Not low, wide, curvy and sexy like a man's sportscar.

You did say this was your sister's car, right?

:D :p

·
Banned
497 Posts
jza80king said:
thats my 9 second 240sx in the back... :bigthumb:

What mods to the 240 to runs 9's? Surely it doesn't run it with those rims/tires?

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
chirping tires is more your clutch than anything.. not power..

SC? i would have went Turbo instead.. but cute little car

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
doug said:
SC is from TRD, a factory thing that doesn't void the warranty.... :bigthumb:

I think the car is 5x better than the latest model celica, it's something I can stand looking at at least.

No, it's no Sports car, but I'd like to drive something like that as a beater/dd economy vehicle. The back seats are quite roomy too...

Cool car :) Just needs aftermarket rims with a better offset now ;)

·
7MGTE CRESSIDA PWR!!!
780 Posts
I am more interested in that 7m powered mk2 supra!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Blah said:
Cool car, how is the warranty?
I actually haven't really gotten into specifics about the warranty with him so I couldn't tell you.

Fyarms said:
The Scion tC makes a great economy car for girls. Good gas mileage, FWD traction in the rain, and Toyota reliability. They are cute like a little bunny rabbit, too. Not low, wide, curvy and sexy like a man's sportscar.
You did say this was your sister's car, right?
very funny man you are hilarious :fawk:

Big Block Stingray said:
What mods to the 240 to runs 9's? Surely it doesn't run it with those rims/tires?
this was a joke that you obviously didn't catch, my 240 is a stock. it doesn't run 9s

mrsc3 said:
Does "chirping" the tires mean the car is fast?
no it doesn't and I never said it was fast either. this was said to kind of give you guys an idea of the car, its just a supercharged tc, nothing crazy fast.

whoopdedo said:
when it lifts the front tires going into 3rd = fast
good luck doing that on a fwd
yeah cuz everyone in the whole world is in the market for a rear wheel drive car that does wheelies in 3rd gear.... :ugh2:

doug said:
please explain the first part of your statement. My brother wanted a new reliable car WITH a warranty, going turbo voids the warranty.

Some of you guys are missing the point....this is not a rear wheel drive horsepower monster that runs 8s. if my brother wanted to do wheelies in 3rd gear, and have a real sportscar then he would have purchased something more along the lines of a true sports or gt car. it was purchased to be a dd with okay economy, styling, warranty, reliability, etc. not to run 8s and do wheelies. one last time so some of you understand, it is a dd economy car, not a sports car. he is well aware that it is fwd 4 banger, and an economy car. i thought it would be nice to share the new ride and provide pictures for everyone here to see but some of you guys are harsh man....i know its not the 1st choice of car for some of you guys but everyone has their likings.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
ok - add more boost and return back.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
Then why spend the money on a SC when it would decrease reliability, economy, etc.? And why quote racing stats?

·
shotaro kaneda
2,047 Posts
doug said:
or he's just shifting so slow he's creating a gap between wheel speed and RPM. you can chirp the tires in 3rd with a 1992 honda civic DX if you can't drive worth a damn.

·
MKIV Fanboy....
126 Posts
Nice car ! it's a great daily but i'd take the civic si over it. Even s/c'd the Si still beats it.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow I never expected to get flamed for posting this maybe I shouldn't have. I keep my posts to a minimum and try to read as much on supraforums as possible so maybe I shouldn't have posted this. I know how to drive and shift i know what the car is capable of. I was never quoting 'racing stats' i was simply giving you guys some info on the performance of the car, not to impress you or whatever. The civic si is in the same league as the tc and being a huge toyota family my bro went with the tc. and pputkowski, I don't even know what you typed or meant...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts