Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anybody know where i can get a screw in o2 sensor for are cars? A link to a website would be nice or maybe a part number. I tried talking to the guys at autozone but there a bunch of morons so they dont know what im talking bout. I didnt know if there was a specific screw in sensor or if there is a universal one that will work. Thanks

Dustin

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
any 4 wire o2 can be made to work... i dont know of any that use the same connector, so minor wiring will be required. im planning to get the sensor and connector out of a honda when i need to change mine next since they are cheaper and so common

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there is no 3 wire sensor that screws in? How exactly do you make the 4 wire work then.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Its a 3 wire sensor.. he is incorrect on it being a 4 wire. There is a power wire, a ground wire, and a signal wire.

I know that jon at MDC can get you an NGK o2 sensor with the same 2 bolt flange as the stocker for about $40 or so. All that needs to be done is cut the pigtail off, and solder on the pigtail off the old sensor.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See im going with the screw in one because i am making a custom downpipe for my new turbo setup.

·
Definately NOT 1J
406 Posts

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
um forgot your gonna have to search but there is a bolt in one from NAPA, just need to solder the wires, might be on Dr. Jones' site IIRC

<l><l>

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yup im running a mustang o2 sensor. its really straight forward. just dont match color to color.. match the paired wires off the mustang sensor to the paired wires to the factory wiring. then the single wire to the single wire off the stock wiring. simple as can be. and its screw in.

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
the Bosch single wire NA sensor from autozone comes with a flange so that the mustang 3 wire oxygen sensor can be bolted into the stock location.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just went to pimpzone and all the mustang sensors were 4 wire. But i did find a universal bosch sensor that was 3 wire, it had i think 2 white and a black wire. That fucker was damn near 70 bucks too. So any 3 wire sensor will work right?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I bought one off the internet... gotta remember where, but it came with a crappy ass adapter (by crappy I mean it's VERY brittle, I broke mine) and a screw in O2 sensor...it also had the right connector

Edit: http://www.oxygensensors.com/

·
Registered
520 Posts
the 3 wire is a heated O2 sensor, not a power/ground/signal

one wire for signal

and the other two for the heater element

·
Definately NOT 1J
406 Posts
Doc seeing he's making how own downpipe would the universal sensor and a weld on bung or nut not be easier :)

Thats what i did - a bung for the o2 and a bung furthur down for the wideband sensor.

:)

Marty

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
bondango said:
Doc seeing he's making how own downpipe would the universal sensor and a weld on bung or nut not be easier :)

Thats what i did - a bung for the o2 and a bung furthur down for the wideband sensor.

:)

Marty
again, i was referring to the SECOND post on that thread:

Cheapest Bosch 3 Wire O2 sensor part number 13913, should be about $38. Threaded to fit in standard O2 sensor bung.

:faint:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts