Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've tried going trough some of the pages to look maybe i could find anything that would answer some of my questions but no luck.

I just recently bought a 90 turbo with a bad motor. Now the original plan was to go 1jz. But now I've been thinking. What of the 2j-ge?

I know some of you have done it or are doing the swap right now. How much cheaper is it ? Is it worth it, are the head and blocks the same as the GTE.

A friend of mine says that theres is a ge engine here in CT that i could buy for probably 400$ .... if I'm lucky they'll throw in the ECU and the wiring harness.

Now so far i know ill need both harnesses, motor mounts, the ECU, some kind of upgraded fuel system, fans, stronger clutch, possibly the 1jz bell housing, and i want to go with an FFI so an intercooler and ic pipes. After that im stuck, how much is it going to cost, what needs to be done, what parts to i need. I obviously want to turbo it right away. Ill do some more research on 2j NA-T in the NA-T section but id like to hear some of this info from the MKIII guys which would apply more to me since im dropping the engine into my 90 Supra.

Again i know this is a common question and there has been threads about this i remmeber, but i cannot find them! We need the search engine back!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
U can use google to search this site. to search for crower cams for example type:

crower cams site:supraforums.com

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am not too sure about pricing for going ge to ge-t, but you may want to look into using the 7mgte electronics on the ge. Here is a link to someone building a 2jzge-t mkIII at supramania http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34525 , and here is a link about wiring the ge with the 7m electronics http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38286&highlight=2jz+7m+electronics (I hope it's ok that I linked to the other supra site, but I am just trying to help him out so I hope its ok!) Also, from what I have read, the ge is a great engine and once you put in a thicker head gasket to lower compression, it can handle a lot of power. I was thinking about going this route my self, but I decided to stick with the 7m and rebuild it so I know the exact condition of it. I see you are in ct so if you ever need a hand or any tools, feel free to ask.

Jon Martens

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant use SupraMania :( my computer doesn't want to load it for some reason !!!! :( Thnx for the offer.

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Your probably banned like everyone else...

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your probably banned like everyone else...

Well no i can login from a friends computer but just cant do it from mine.. It just WILL NOT load the damn page.. it always says Page Can Not Be Found.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Do it yourself style it’s gonna be considerably cheaper. Putting turbos on the NA motor is nothing new. MKIV guys have been doing it for ages and there are a number of kits available. But of course most people (especially MKIII people) ebay it up and go that route.

SM is your friend. There are 2 or 3 well documented threads over there. Hotscnessey has done it and I noticed that he is posting more over here. So maybe hit him up if you have any questions. But find a way to view SupraMania. It’s all right there for you.

But you can buy a long block for about $600. I have seen a few in the for sale sections as cheap as $450, and that’s within the last couple of days! You will need a thicker head gasket, you will need to drill into the block for your oil lines, and of course you’ll need a manifold, turbo, bigger injectors (I believe stock 2jz-ge are 330s) and the necessary electronics. I recommend standalone and you can run off your 7m harness (I believe).

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like they IP-banned you, not your login.

wow that really sucks.... Ive never pissed anyone off or ripped anyone off on that board... Matter of fact i barely even post! does anyone have an e-mail of the Administrator ? is he on this forum ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts