Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know NOTHING about jz's, so here's my question, what's the tranny code for an automatic 2jzgtte and will it bolt into a 7mge in the place of the A340e? Or will I need to swap bell housings yada yada yada. Any info is much appreciated! :D Thanks

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So if I got the driveshaft and swapped bellhousings? Then? What would I have to do to make it fit? Also, what's the tranny code?

Add: My friend is giving me one for FREE maybe... only if I can use it... DAMMIT! my tranny is so shitty... I have an auto now and everything...

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
I thought the auto for MKIV's was a W58? Man, I think I'm going retarded...

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the two t's meant twinturbo and one t meant single turbo? :scratch:

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
no thats a myth, TT is a nissan denotation for twin turbo, toyota just used T, mostly because nissan had turbo and twin turbo versions of some of their cars in production at the same time together, they used that to straighten things out. toyota used just the T even when differentiating between a 1jzgte vvti and a straight twin turbo 1jzgte, the same applys to a 2JZ.

in regards to the auto, the 2JZ a340s used electronic line pressure control and different shift points, which the 7mge ecu wont be able to provide, plus i believe the tail shaft assembly is different in not allowing the stock 7mge driveshaft to bolt up, plus your speed sensor output will be electronic and not the mechanical one you need.

even if you could swap over both the bellhousing, tail shaft and got the wiring hooked up, i doubt the ecu would be able to make things work,

sorry man, if it was a 1jz a342e, it would work pretty easily, sadly, its not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts